JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

Based on everyone's opinion on his customer service I guess I won't be ordering from him. So that means if anyone has, or can get, one of his 94+ Ext. cab S-10 conversions PLEASE get ahold of me. B)

#22 Guest_Chris V_*

Guest_Chris V_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Though many people have bad experiences with the delivery-times, I have never heard of anyone who didn't eventually get the stuff that they'd ordered.

I'm still thinking about ordering one of his GMC Top-Kick conversions for an insane project, that's been brewing in the back of my head for a while...

#23 Dan Helferich

Dan Helferich

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

Like Chris I don't know anyone who's been screwed by Perry's and I didn't mean to imply that. It takes a long time for the stuff to show but the quality is top notch.

Edited by Dan Helferich, 08 June 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#24 PlasticWagens

PlasticWagens

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Full Name:Matt Sheldon

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

Really- what's so hard about putting something in a box, writing and adress on it, and sending it on its merry way... even if you DID have to cast iit first?

Rollercoaster ride may only take a couple minutes, but becomes a 2 hour wait to ride it when 1000 people show up for the ride.

Though I have had the same experiences with Randy, in the end I am confident everyone gets their product. While I do not quite classify this necessarily with "bad customer service", a simple notification of wait time would be sufficient for me. No problem waiting for quality as I have plenty of boxes of garbage that has come right away. This man is not slow because his product is sub par, on the contrary he is overwhelmed because he is that good. I too though have resulted to waiting most the time for a show to find a vendor to get the products on the spot if at all possible.

#25 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,457 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

Rollercoaster ride may only take a couple minutes, but becomes a 2 hour wait to ride it when 1000 people show up for the ride.

In that case, I'll skip the coaster and chill on the log ride for a little bit! :(

#26 fumi

fumi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:Silvester Man

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

Well my experience with Perry's is different. I inquired about his 53 Ford in April, he said it was in stock, I ordered it and received it in a month. Shipped half way around the globe, no less.

#27 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

I haven't noticed here that anyone has advised Randy Frost of this discussion, so I took the liberty of doing so by sending him a link to this thread. I thought it would be instructive for him to see what is being said about his service, and I hate to see someone whose work is so well respected to lose business because of poor customer relations. In any case, bodies seem to be his only online interest, based on the following notice on his website, from 2008:

Changes at Perry's

When I started Perry's Resin Replicas, I did so with a long term goal of someday opening a hobby shop. In November 2006, we did that. I had originally planned on continuing with Perry's in it's current form, but time isn't permitting that. With the hobby shop being a full-time, and, at this time, a seven day a week job, I've decided to trim Perry's back. We are dropping all the small parts and tires from the website, however they will still be available in the shop and at shows. They will NOT be available by mail or internet order.
The website will continue to operate and carry the body kits and conversions.

All current orders will be filled, however, no new orders for small parts and tires will be processed as of January 7, 2008.

Now, with time being freed up, this will allow us to bring new products to market.

Randy Frost

Edited by sjordan2, 09 June 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#28 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Though I have had the same experiences with Randy, in the end I am confident everyone gets their product. While I do not quite classify this necessarily with "bad customer service", a simple notification of wait time would be sufficient for me. No problem waiting for quality as I have plenty of boxes of garbage that has come right away. This man is not slow because his product is sub par, on the contrary he is overwhelmed because he is that good. I too though have resulted to waiting most the time for a show to find a vendor to get the products on the spot if at all possible.

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one. It appears that Randy has been "overwhelmed" by business for years now. If he is getting enough business that it's taking 6 months or mor to ship, he is getting enough business to hire help to speed things along. I'm sure he is not getting much more business than the modelhaus, yet they get their orders out in a timely fashion.

#29 T-Bolt427

T-Bolt427

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Full Name:Jim

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one. It appears that Randy has been "overwhelmed" by business for years now. If he is getting enough business that it's taking 6 months or mor to ship, he is getting enough business to hire help to speed things along. I'm sure he is not getting much more business than the modelhaus, yet they get their orders out in a timely fashion.

Great response here guys! No intention on slamming anyone here, just trying to get a point across. The fact of being misleading on a delivery time is not as bad as ignoring e-mails (not answering them). 6 to 7 e-mails within a 7 month time frame have gone unanswered! When I e-mailed from a different e-mail address, about a week ago, to inquire about how long an order might take I was answered the same day! Again, I should have learned from my first experience, but as we all agree, his stuff is A1 quality.

#30 PlasticWagens

PlasticWagens

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Full Name:Matt Sheldon

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

If 1000 people show up for the rolercoaster on a regular basis, the park builds a second one.

You have not been to Disney lately, lines so long you can put your name on a waiting list and come back LOL. As stated a lot of this could be cleared up by siply stating delivery times, that way the consumer has the "option" to wait.

#31 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

You have not been to Disney lately, lines so long you can put your name on a waiting list and come back LOL. As stated a lot of this could be cleared up by siply stating delivery times, that way the consumer has the "option" to wait.

But on the flip side if the retailer continuusly quotes "6 months or more" he'll find himself with out customers

#32 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

As I mentioned above, I sent an e-mail about this thread to Perry's Resin based on the address given on their website (perrysresin@sympatico.ca). However, that message has not gone through after 14 hours, so I assume it's not functional.

#33 Eric Stone

Eric Stone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Full Name::emaN lluF

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

But on the flip side if the retailer continuusly quotes "6 months or more" he'll find himself with out customers

It's clear by reading this thread that if the buyers have to wait 6 months or more, no matter what they're told, then he'll find himself without repeat customers.

#34 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,457 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

I haven't noticed here that anyone has advised Randy Frost of this discussion, so I took the liberty of doing so by sending him a link to this thread. I thought it would be instructive for him to see what is being said about his service, and I hate to see someone whose work is so well respected to lose business because of poor customer relations. In any case, bodies seem to be his only online interest, based on the following notice on his website, from 2008:

Changes at Perry's

When I started Perry's Resin Replicas, I did so with a long term goal of someday opening a hobby shop. In November 2006, we did that. I had originally planned on continuing with Perry's in it's current form, but time isn't permitting that. With the hobby shop being a full-time, and, at this time, a seven day a week job, I've decided to trim Perry's back. We are dropping all the small parts and tires from the website, however they will still be available in the shop and at shows. They will NOT be available by mail or internet order.
The website will continue to operate and carry the body kits and conversions.

All current orders will be filled, however, no new orders for small parts and tires will be processed as of January 7, 2008.

Now, with time being freed up, this will allow us to bring new products to market.

Randy Frost

That message has been on the Perry's website for as long as I've been visiting their page! Good greif, guys! :rolleyes:

#35 69NovaYenko

69NovaYenko

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Little

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

I don`t want to pile on and beat the guy down but three years ago I also had the same experience of non returned e-mails and an unusually LONG EXTENDED WAIT (13 months) to get my several items ($100.00+ U.S. dollars worth) from Perry.

However, like everyone else once the items finally arrived they were EXCELLENT!!!

Along with the items he sent a note of apology stating that he was opening his own hobby shop and the new venture had taken ways from his casting time.

I have not ordered from him again and have stayed away from doing so ever since...true he has "Mad" casting skills but isn`t timely in delivery or customer responsiveness. :(

Edited by 69NovaYenko, 11 June 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#36 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

I'm sorry but if a person can't deliver he needs to stop and catch up. I'm going through something similar with a detail kit for one of my models. I've been waiting on parts of it for over 3 years! It's been aggravating while I sit back and watch him announce new product. Luckily for him I don't need the parts yet. So by that I can feel ones pain. On the other hand, if the website has had that message on and one didn't read it, then it's your fault! Plus maybe he should shut down the website, or lock it down so no more orders can be processed. And there's certainly no excuse for not answering emails!
And when it comes to our aftermarket industry, buyer beware! And that goes for all of them. Most of these people have lives and other jobs. This is a hobby for them in most cases.
Paul

Edited by mr68gts, 13 June 2010 - 05:11 AM.

#37 custompainter

custompainter

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Does anyone know if Perrys Resin is still open? I have send numerous e-mails and called the phone number thats on his website. But with no luck. I would like to get a few of his Bantam altered bodies. I hope someone can help. Thanks, Don....

#38 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

Perry's sure is. Randy's been pretty busy lately, but if you like I can ask Randy at our club meeting tonight.

Nick

#39 custompainter

custompainter

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

Nick, Yes can you check to see how many Bantam bodies he has, and please let me know. Thanks again. Don..

#40 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

I'll give him a call on Tuesday, I was gone before I saw the reply.

Nick