3 replies to this topic

#1 JdKustomModels

JdKustomModels

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys, I'm Bob Josh's older brother, Im doing 2 things for the big guy. Im getting him a digital camera for xmas so he can show his work. But I also have a question, I am doing a truck for him but I cant let him know I am (by the time he sees this he will have it already) I have about 2 weeks before he comes in off the road and I am working on that chrome tanker trailer for the daycab Pete he made last month, now my question is can I throw decals on the tank and make the lines dissapear? Im not sure what to do could I spray with clear when im done or is there another way........ if even possible. Any help would be awesome. Thanks, Bob

#2 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

Bob. The waterslide decal will always show on the chrome. If you clear coat over it, it might show more.
If the graphics are simple lettering, maybe a vinyl sign shop could custom cut the letters/graphics for you, and you could apply them to the tanker?
There would be no decal film showing.

Just a thought.

Tim

#3 JdKustomModels

JdKustomModels

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Tim, Thank you I will stop by a few shops and see who can hook me up. Great help thank you very much, I'm sure he will **** when he sees it!

#4 JdKustomModels

JdKustomModels

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:17 AM

BOB!!!!!!!! You think I wouldn't see that? In Carlisle gettin the truck worked on so I am at the terminal. Tell ya what you make it happen and do it right I won't mind you using my name on my computer. BTW Tracy down at Minihan has done lettering for me before. Oh and yea a cam. sweet then I can start throwin pics up here. See ya in a few days I'm due home next Friday.

Oh since your on my comp go see Tim's site take a look at what that man can do!!!!!