#1 broch

broch

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

Hi every trucklovers out there!

I'm buildning modeltrucks like many others in here, but need some referances for a prosject I have been planning for a while. It is a Redwood Construction log truck with trailer from the 70's. Have found some referance pictures, but non of the company logo! Does anyone out there know how this looked like??? I have tried to seach the web, but havn't found anything, thats why I need your help! :P

Hope someone can help me with a pictures or anything more of thees trucks and this company!

Thanks a lot!!! :P

Here is a picture where the logo is almost visible

Attached File  Peterbilt_359_Redwood_Construction_Logger__3.jpg   89.18KB   65 downloads

Edited by broch, 19 April 2009 - 04:23 AM.

#2 muleskinner

muleskinner

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:William W Bitner II

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

I live here on the West Coast in Oregon and spent my time in Humboldt County in Northern California where Redwood Construction Was a big outfit. They have since changed their Name to Redwood Coast Logging and changed their Logo slightly. Theeeir trucks went from a turquios type color to a more sky blue. Tamiya Frech Blue is a good match for the new color. Today they mostly haul chips and very few logs but in the days when I was living there they were the third largest Log haulers in the area.

If you go over to the model truck forum and post a request there, My son who also builds logging trucks from Humboldt County California, has a lot of his logging truck models posted there. If you are interested I have pictures of the rigging on My nephews truck who drives for Redwood Coast Trucking which I could send you. The Truck itself is a standard T-800 Kenworth set up with older general trailer and truck bunks. They would be good to build an older Redwood Construction logging truck off of.

#3 muleskinner

muleskinner

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

These are the pictures of the T-800 Kenworth which shows the new color but has the early 60-70 rigging on it. I remember what the logo looks like for the earlier trucks,and can draw it out for you and tell you the colors to use to reproduce it. Give me a couple of days and I will post it for you.

#4 muleskinner

muleskinner

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Attached is one of the older logos for Redwood Consruction Company. It is the one I remember most and after blowing up the picture of the truck you posted it is the same one as on the truck. The Logo is in the shape of the end of a log and painted as follows;

Dark Brown outter bark ring

The inner part of the log is more of a lighter reddish brown to simulate the color of redwood for which they hauled. There are aslo fine lines in black to represent the growth rings of the tree.

The lettering is block with REDWOOD (white) the predominate lettering centered in the middle of the log inside the bark ring.

CONSTRUCTION (white)
is a third the size of the REDWOOD lettering and is centered below it.

Around the bottom of the log above the bark ring are the words; ARCATA, CALIFORNIA (white) their shop and office location.

Outside the logo and on the bottom of the door is painted 80,000 GVW ,the rated weight of the vehicle in black lettering.

Hope this will help you in building the model of Redwood Constructions Truck.

Attached Files

#5 muleskinner

muleskinner

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Was going through the files on my computor and found this picture of the Redwood Construction Logo, Before they chaged over to Redwood Coast Trucking. This logo also shows they changed their shop and office location to Eureka, California from Arcata, California. Their shop is actually located between both cities in a small township called Manila, California. It can be used on the era truck you are going to model as they used both the old and this one for many years before their buy out. good luck on your model and I hope the information helps.

Edited by muleskinner, 04 March 2010 - 12:16 PM.