Model Cars Magazine Forum

My resin kits, what about yours?

Hello @ all,

I thought I should show to you my resin kits, because I have not seen them posted, from anyone of you.

These kits are from the de_elegant model truck fleet. I am very impressed by the quality of the resin and the details of these kits.

So here we are, Peterbilt 387:

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

and here is Kenworth t2000:

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

Here you can see the only problem with the resin, KW hood was under pressure while shipping to Greece.

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

As you can see these kits both needs chassis. I didn't want to take parts from other kits as donors, so I ordered the needed parts from the local Greek ITALERI importer.

After a few weeks I had the needed sprues from ITALERI PETERBILT 377 KIT (#740) twice.

DSC00883.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

That 's what I have in resin at the moment. There are some other resin parts that I need as like hoods etc, but first I want to hit some kits.

What do you have in resin on & off your workbench (include those in the boxes) :lol::lol::lol:

Kostas.

Hey Broch,

I bought these kits on Jun 2007 for 130$ each total 260$ from the de_elegant model truck fleet.

You may now thinking that they are too expensive but here in Greece we have Euros and that time it cost me about 200 euros including shipping. :lol:

They also custing kits for Freightliner coronado and columbia.

sorry but at the moment I dont have a link of their site.

I wish I could spent money to get them, but I want first to hit some model kits and other resin parts.

Do you have any resin kits or parts?

Kostas

I emailed Kuenn a month or so ago and he said he is out of stock of them right now but plans to reissue them.

Tim

Jeff,

I don't know. They are still listed on his site. I would say send him an email to find out for sure. His contact info is on the site.

Les

Hey Tim,

Good news you have for us about a new run of these kits. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kuenn should have pictures of each model already done, so customer has the opportunity to see the final result.

When I was almost ready to hit these kits, I had asking him to mail me some pictures and his reply was that he has some but didn't know were, so I have never seen these kits done :rolleyes::D

For your info these kits are amazing (big deal for me) and in my case took over 2 months to be delivered (OK It is the Greek post system :D;)).

Kostas.

Kostas,

Here is my most current resin project. It was sidelined due to paint problems, but now I'm ready to press on with it. I like the older trucks, this is a 1948 Peterbilt 350. The kit was made by Silver States Specialties.

IM000363_0001-vi.jpg

I used an AMT Peterbilt 359 as a donor, but the transmissions and rear axle/suspension is from the AMT Kenworth T-600.

IM000327_0007-vi.jpg

Lee