nonova

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Hannah

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

Any one out there thinking of converting the 1972 Ventura grille to a 1974
GTO grille. Not too long ago I noticed an advertisment for a resin 72 Ventura grille from the aftermarket. I am currently working on a project to replicate my 1.1 74 GTO. I've got the body down , but my skills are not up to snuff to do the grille. Any help or any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

nonova,
I will do some looking into this but first could you please post your name in your signature box? Hit the profile link at the top of the forum and make the change, click submit. Thank you!

#3 larrygre

larrygre

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Larry A. Greenberg

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:27 PM

In the past year, I have seen a '72 Ventura II conversion set marketed on eBay, but I do not recall from who. It was essentially a repop of the old AMT '72 Ventura II kit's front fenders, grille section, rear bumper/taillight unit, and front bumper (I think). I'd check there from time to time.

AFAIK, nobody sells just the grille section.

FYI, The '72 Ventura II's grille section was molded in one piece with the body surround section. It was not the '74 style, but the 'bifurcated' early style grille, so if you wanted to convert to the '74 you've got some scratchbuilding to do.

It would be very cool to do a '74 Goat out of the '72 Nova/Ventura kits. The real car may have been a dud, but a model wouldn't be, for sure! Please post some pics here of the completed model - I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it!