Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ol' Rusty

HauntFreaks

that would be how well you build the chassis for how fast you want to go.... the track I run on is a scale 1/4 mile... (55 feet) and the shut down area is another 25 feet.... so in that 55' I'm doing it in 1.6 seconds @ about 35 mph..... so my car stops about 3 feet into the shut down..... now other guys are going up to 80 mph when they hit the shut down so it takes them a much long time to stop.... so all that said the more stable you build the cars chassis the less chance you have of crashing.... adjusting weight and wheelie bar height have a lot to do with it also.... but like in real drag racing there is always that chance something might go wrong...

all in all to many of us its not true satisfaction until we see these cars we build go down the track... and not just sitting on a shelf collecting dust... but to each his own...

and Rob I would LOVE to see your Rat Bones car flying down the track... thats bad ass!!

Edited by HauntFreaks