Model Cars Magazine Forum

"POPS" Texaco Complete 11/02/09

ronr

Started with 2 MRC kits and combined them to make a double bay station. Added the missing exterior walls with .040 styrene. Base and side walk areas are durham`s rock hard putty. Tree is California Silver Sage Brush I got from a friend on another forum. Concrete paint was made from a color sample , and mixed at Home Depot. I made the station floor and the interior walls from .125 PTEG Plastic. Fence is bass wood stained with oak & Walnut stain. Grass and shrubs are Woodland Senic products. The wrecker is a diecast that I disassembled repainted and weathered. Still have a long way to go and a lot of detais to add, people and such,

Hope you enjoy. Shooting for a finished Dio by the Atlanta show.

_8031073.jpg

_8031075.jpg

_8031077.jpg

_4090472.jpg

Edited by ronr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few updates;

Modified the lift, finished the compressor,added outside lights and an old rusty coupe sent to me from Australia. Geeze...........I wish those guys would flush the john and unplug the drop light when the are done.

_A011208.jpg

_A011211.jpg

_9301196.jpg

_9301201.jpg

_9301206.jpg

_9301207.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ed. Now its down to the small details, I can tinker with them until November. Bill I have no idea how many hrs I have in it. I guess 3-4 hrs a day since I started it. If I had to guess, I would say around 3-4 hundred hrs. <_<

Edited by ronr