#21 E St. Kruiser50

E St. Kruiser50

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Full Name:David Susan

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

I will try and find tree hugger dave's tutorial .........

I POSTED IT FOR YOU HERE IN THE "GENERAL" LINK SO YOU COULD FIND IT EASILY.
SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU FIND IT :blink:

HOPE IT HELPS - dave :lol:

Edited by Treehugger Dave, 23 August 2009 - 05:06 AM.

#22 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:59 PM

You can click here for the direct link to Dave's tutorial-------in case it's get's pushed down by all the new threads in the general section.

VERY good tutorial Dave for those using rattlecans! I picked up a few things myself, even though I'm and avid airbrusher! :lol:

#23 Cornpatch

Cornpatch

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Rae

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

:D

First off #1Amatuer, welcome to a great model car forum, lot of great guys on here with a lot of great advice. The one you have to watch out for is George53, he is our local forum PR man and he's darn good at it.

Now as for painting, I have to agree with Charlzrocks, I use nothing but Createx Air Brush ready paints, because you can use them really anywhere. There is no smell so to speak of. I live in Iowa and have trouble in the winter with painting outside in the cold. I use the Createx Air Brush ready paints and paint in the basement with no paint booth and it doesnt stink up the work area or the house.

Another point for them is that they are water based and easy clean up. I take 2 buckets of clean water and just dip the whole brush in the first bucket till most of the paint is out of it and than move it to the second bucket to finish the cleaning. Than I put some Createx air brush cleaner thru it and I am set for the next color.

I have done it this way for several years now and never had a problem, and the Createx is compatable with any clear coat you want to use. I use the Createx clears for the same reasons mentioned above. Also I am a firm beliver in using the same brand of paints for the whole process.

As Treehugger Dave says everyone has there own way of doing it and you just have to find what works best for you. You have to experiment with the different ways and find which one you like, than just practice practice practice till you get it right.

B) Jeff :huh:

#24 Chillyb1

Chillyb1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Full Name:Curtis

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:39 AM

I use nothing but Createx Air Brush ready paints, because you can use them really anywhere.

Not to take this too far off topic (and maybe it's run its course already), but is there a chance someone could post pictures of models painted and cleared with this Createx stuff? I, for one, would love to see the results.

#25 Moon Pie

Moon Pie

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Full Name:Phill

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

Don't give up, Mitch!

This Revell '09 Camaro took four dips and the "Purple Pool" before I got a paint job I could live with.

Posted Image

#26 #1Amatuer

#1Amatuer

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Guys, you all are very inspiring and helpful.

I have taken all of yall's advice and put them all together, and I think i MIGHT have found my paint technique. After a talk with yall, I went to my local hobbytownUSA and had a talk with the model painter there. He recommended me ALCLAD II Micro Fill Primer. Let me tell u guys, I LOVE THIS STUFF!

It is laquer based and goes on thin and still leaves all the detail in the model. Then he told me (like some of yall did) to thin with laquer thinner and it has made all the difference. The paint atomizes so much better with this stuff. I JUST did my first coat and it already looks pretty good (albeit, thin).

I cant tell you how much time I have spent here reading and looking at what yall have done! Gives me a chance to start a cool hobby and really be around the things I love CARS CARS AND CARS. :)

I will post pics of my paint job (Ferrari F430) . I was going to re-do my mustang but I had a close look and I wet sanded out most of the detail from trying to strip the paint with sand paper. now I know that u use the purple pool :).

Later Guys! Pics soon!!

Edited by #1Amatuer, 25 August 2009 - 08:39 AM.