#221 otherunicorn

otherunicorn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Stone

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

So, you two have already judged me just because I didn't see the last PM sent to me and the fact that I haven't posted at least 1,388 posts.
Really is sad.

Nope, I judged the guy before you!

If you look back, at the messages properly, you will see that you were contacted after I made my comment, which does stand, because the bloke before you on the list still hasn't responded. In fact you were contacted because I made my comment.

Edited by otherunicorn, 06 April 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#222 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,152 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just throwing this out there. Maybe it's just time to send this back to the guy who bought the original kit and write this one off? If we were all professional model builders that do this all day for a living I can see something like this doing well, but this is a hobby and people get caught up in life.

Thoughts?

#223 otherunicorn

otherunicorn

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Stone

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just throwing this out there. Maybe it's just time to send this back to the guy who bought the original kit and write this one off? If we were all professional model builders that do this all day for a living I can see something like this doing well, but this is a hobby and people get caught up in life.

Thoughts?

It does sound like there is at least one person still keen on having his shot at it, so why not let him?
If something like this is attempted again, perhaps it should be limited to three or four people, and done as a speed build, so it happens while there is still enthusiasm.

#224 BKcustoms

BKcustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Kaune

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thoughts?

If this project got sent back then all the time and work invested by the builders who did exactly what they were supposed to would be for nothing. I find that to be really unfair to them and also to those of us who are willing to contribute to this project.

#225 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

If this project got sent back then all the time and work invested by the builders who did exactly what they were supposed to would be for nothing. I find that to be really unfair to them and also to those of us who are willing to contribute to this project.

Absolutely. Not to mention since I started it, and I now have it, it would be wasting my time and money just to mail it to myself. (LOL!)
(A little comedy to lighten the mood.)
I have heard from Lordmodelbuilder and will be mailing it to him on Monday.
I think the bigger problem is that it got moved to the Community build section ( it does belong here)
But I question the traffic that this forum gets. I have a gut feeling that many posters don't come to this section at all? Maybe I'm wrong, let's find out....

#226 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

So, you two have already judged me just because I didn't see the last PM sent to me and the fact that I haven't posted at least 1,388 posts.
Really is sad.

Just calling it like I see it is all. You've been a member for over five years and five months. That comes up to almost four and a half posts per year. And seeing how your last post before this one was back in December of 2011,you're clearly not here very often. After the last debacle with this project,I would think Jason would be very hesitant to send it to someone that can only find time to post on the forum twenty-four times in the past sixty-five months. For Jason's sake, I hope you prove me wrong.

#227 Lordmodelbuilder

Lordmodelbuilder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Phillips

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I was on the original builder list for this model and wanted to stay on the list.
I do intend on working on the model and then shipping it off to the next modeler
on the list after my 30 days is up.
I don't see that my not being on this site or any other site for that matter makes
any difference in my character.
Feel free to judge me all you want after I work on the model. Brad

#228 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Well, I hope that those have read this post before, use their "content" option, which lets them see that posts to lists they have been watching are updated. I think that activity, and interest can still be generated in it, but even if not, it would still be great to see it through.

Absolutely. Not to mention since I started it, and I now have it, it would be wasting my time and money just to mail it to myself. (LOL!)
(A little comedy to lighten the mood.)
I have heard from Lordmodelbuilder and will be mailing it to him on Monday.
I think the bigger problem is that it got moved to the Community build section ( it does belong here)
But I question the traffic that this forum gets. I have a gut feeling that many posters don't come to this section at all? Maybe I'm wrong, let's find out....

#229 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

HEY.....im still interested...and i would like (along with everyone else) to see some updated pics of where its at so far maybe? :P

#230 Lordmodelbuilder

Lordmodelbuilder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

The project just arrived safely in California. Here's a pic of the model. I have also started an album for it over on my Fotki site. Brad
http://public.fotki....snowball-redux/ <Link to the album.
Posted Image

#231 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Excellent, enjoy your time with it!

The project just arrived safely in California. Here's a pic of the model. I have also started an album for it over on my Fotki site. Brad
http://public.fotki....snowball-redux/ <Link to the album.
Posted Image

#232 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,152 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

By the way, was there ever a discussion on what sort of build this would be? Is it going to be a traditional rod or something more contemporary or are you guys just winging it on whatever the previous guys did?

#233 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Glad to hear and see it made it safe. It had a long trip.

By the way, was there ever a discussion on what sort of build this would be? Is it going to be a traditional rod or something more contemporary or are you guys just winging it on whatever the previous guys did?

There have been many suggestions, but it's really boiled down to just winging it. I believe.

I posted a topic in the general section to see how many people frequent the Community builds section. Interestingly nearly 1/3 of the people that responded did not visit this section.
Perhaps a new sign up in the General section would rouse interest in this subject once more?

#234 mcnuttmcawesome

mcnuttmcawesome

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:Bryan

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

New here but very interested.

#235 BKcustoms

BKcustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Kaune

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

I can't wait to see some progress Brad!

#236 The Creative Explorer

The Creative Explorer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  • Full Name:Erik

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I was just thinking about this project, good to hear the snowball is rolling again

#237 Lordmodelbuilder

Lordmodelbuilder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

My 30 days with the model will be up this Sunday.
I will need the name and address for the next builder.
I will ship it out Monday. Thanks,Brad

#238 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I believe that Roadhawg is the next participant. I have sent him (and you) a PM.

#239 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Roadhawg has declined, asking that his turn be postponed.

#240 Lordmodelbuilder

Lordmodelbuilder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I got the message that roadhawg would be too busy right now for the build and then received the PM from Billy aka BK customs that he was next in line. I PM'ed him and will be sending the project off to him later in the week.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what way to go on the car. I finally decided that since the rear quarters had been replaced with 57 Chevrolet quarters, that I would continue a custom themed build. Guess it could go custom or custom pro-touring. I don't know. Always loved customs!

I redid the nose of the car using a few modified pieces from the AMT 1950 Ford convertible kit. I also built the core/radiator support to help tie the cars body together.
I gave the body a quick sanding and buzz-canned on some Dupli-Color gray primer.

Today I thought I would get some better pictures of the car and also tried out a few different tire & wheels combos.
Can't wait to see how the project progresses. Here's a link to the rest of my pictures of the car.
http://public.fotki....snowball-redux/

Thanks for letting me participate. Brad

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder, 28 May 2012 - 01:01 PM.