#341 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Jason Vandergriff pass it on NOW please.

#342 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Jason has had it 3 months per his post about receiving it, AND it looks like he has not been online since early March. 

#343 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Jason has had it 3 months per his post about receiving it, AND it looks like he has not been online since early March. 

He has not SIGNED IN, in 3 months.

It does not mean he has not been here, just that he hasn't signed in.

Edited by Abell82, 05 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#344 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

correct, which is why I said " looks like" , not a definitive statement. Hopefully tho, the person is still involved in the hobby, and at some point will pick it up. I still think this Snowball concept is a great one, ans at some point, would like to see one completed. 

#345 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lesson learned - get phone numbers from participants before models are sent.

#346 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,313 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Lesson learned - get phone numbers from participants before models are sent.

Unfortunately, that's still no guarantee that whoever participates is going to stay true to what they agreed to. These types of "pass it on" builds" are fun to watch, but they're risky, for the very reasons we've seen here. If each participant doesn't take their "turn" seriously, the whole project suffers.  :(

#347 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

:lol: Yeah, but you can really nag a guy if you have his phone number. :lol:

Edited by Jantrix, 06 May 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#348 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

I just wonder how many years this project will actually take? It's already headed for the four year mark. It got off to a good start until Len Geisler got a hold of it. Seems like it has went down hill since. In the words of Phil Robertson,"I think it's time to pee on fire and call in the dogs".

#349 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

This thing has become...tedious to say the least. There is always that ONE individual (or 2 as the case may be)  

that thinks the rules don't apply to them that RUIN the experience for everyone else.

If I had to do it over again, I would not unless I was a moderator with moderating powers.

And as stated I would get email addresses, home addresses, home and cell phone numbers, and the next of kin phone numbers as well. And no I am not kidding. :angry: 

Edited by Abell82, 06 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#350 Len Geisler

Len Geisler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:,

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

I just wonder how many years this project will actually take? It's already headed for the four year mark. It got off to a good start until Len Geisler got a hold of it. Seems like it has went down hill since. In the words of Phil Robertson,"I think it's time to pee on fire and call in the dogs".

Yeah, that's right all my fault....Maybe if it wasn't run like a prison camp, and you guys were able to listen to and allow others to explain their situations maybe, just maybe it'd have gone a different route...

In my case, this is a hobby, only a HOBBY, my family and job come first, sometimes hobbies have to suffer when you have responsibilities in the real world. I have had to "pause" my building several times thus far in my lifetime, and could see it happening again.....

Too bad it all fell apart, but see I'm not the only one whose life got in the way...

#351 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

see I'm not the only one whose life got in the way...

X2!

#352 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, that's right all my fault....Maybe if it wasn't run like a prison camp, and you guys were able to listen to and allow others to explain their situations maybe, just maybe it'd have gone a different route...

In my case, this is a hobby, only a HOBBY, my family and job come first, sometimes hobbies have to suffer when you have responsibilities in the real world. I have had to "pause" my building several times thus far in my lifetime, and could see it happening again.....

Too bad it all fell apart, but see I'm not the only one whose life got in the way...

You have got to be kidding about the "prison camp" comment! :rolleyes:  If anything, Jason has been over lenient during the course of this project. He made the rules very plain and clear Len. Did you not read the rules? They were posted for a reason. Each builder had one month to work on it. Not three months, not six months, not nine months, not twelve months and certainly not the over fifteen months that you had it for!! Everyone agreed to one month before this project started. Sure, life does get in the way sometimes. But there was absolutely no excuse for the length of time that you had it for period. It doesn't take that long to make a trip to the post office. :rolleyes: If you knew you weren't going to have time to work on it, you should have asked for your turn later. I'm sure that Jason would have obliged you. There have been others that have took longer than the one month time limit. But, right now, you hold the record for keeping it the longest. Hopefully, it will be a record that won't be broken. 

#353 Len Geisler

Len Geisler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:,

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

You have got to be kidding about the "prison camp" comment! :rolleyes:  If anything, Jason has been over lenient during the course of this project. He made the rules very plain and clear Len. Did you not read the rules? They were posted for a reason. Each builder had one month to work on it. Not three months, not six months, not nine months, not twelve months and certainly not the over fifteen months that you had it for!! Everyone agreed to one month before this project started. Sure, life does get in the way sometimes. But there was absolutely no excuse for the length of time that you had it for period. It doesn't take that long to make a trip to the post office. :rolleyes: If you knew you weren't going to have time to work on it, you should have asked for your turn later. I'm sure that Jason would have obliged you. There have been others that have took longer than the one month time limit. But, right now, you hold the record for keeping it the longest. Hopefully, it will be a record that won't be broken. 

Nope, I wasn't kidding at all.....

If my crystal ball had told me that "life" would happen while I was trying to work on a model, maybe I wouldn't have thought of being involved, sometimes that ball, she doesn't work so well...

Well, as for the record, looks like Snoball is missing again, hmmmm....

That is all from me, all this silly banter over a model is making my head hurt...

#354 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

So is this the end of the build??

Dang! you can't trust anyone any more..

#355 chevyfever2009

chevyfever2009

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Busbey

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

So where is this build

#356 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

So is this the end of the build??

Dang! you can't trust anyone any more..

I'd be be curious to know if any of these community builds has ever worked out.  I could never participate knowing that one person might decide that the rules didn't apply to him, derailing the project for everyone else who'd played by the rules. 

#357 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'd be be curious to know if any of these community builds has ever worked out.  I could never participate knowing that one person might decide that the rules didn't apply to him, derailing the project for everyone else who'd played by the rules. 

Years ago the Tri-State Scale Model Car Club had a door prize donation arrive after the show.  It was a resin body based on the Alumina Coupe. So we decided to do a club build on the car and raffle it off at next years show.  It worked fine. Each volunteer member was in charge of a different step in the build process and had a month (from club meeting to next meeting) to accomplish the task.  One guy built the chassis, another added a slant six engine and so on. My role was to open the hood up and I realized that the roof on the slush cast body wouldn't hold glass properly, so I replaced the hood and roof with original kit parts. Someone else did some custom bodywork, then someone did the paint and onward to the interior, then final assembly.  Everyone performed their task and did well, some of us guys who hadn't finished a model in years.  And yes, we raffled it off.  I do know where it is today.  So yes, it can work.

#358 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Non local people trying to do this type of community build never works, We (I) tryed it on FB with friends, SAME thing happened. One guy has it and REFUSES to send it on.

Nick

#359 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

One guy has it and REFUSES to send it on.

Do you know a big guy who lives near him who can go convince him??  :rolleyes:

#360 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Do you know a big guy who lives near him who can go convince him??  :rolleyes:

I wish, it was looking good and cool.