#1 majel

majel

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Owen

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Can anyone tell me where the coil is located on a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 340?

#2 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,391 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hmm......... this is the only 340 photo I could find that showed the coil. The darn air cleaners are so huge on these cars its a wonder you see the valve covers.

http://www.hotrodder...ger/Pro_340.jpg

#3 majel

majel

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Owen

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

Rob:
Thanks for the link, you are right the air cleaner hides just about everything! The picture also shows the fuel lines which I also wasn't sure about so it helped a lot. Thanks again

#4 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

I believe the coil was located on a bracket on the manifold, just to the left of the distributor. I had a '71 Mopar small block years ago, and I'm going entirely from memory, so it may have been to the right of the distributor, but it was in that general area.

#5 Rider

Rider

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Full Name:Lloyd James

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

I believe the coil was located on a bracket on the manifold, just to the left of the distributor. I had a '71 Mopar small block years ago, and I'm going entirely from memory, so it may have been to the right of the distributor, but it was in that general area.

My memory recalls that location as well. I had 76 RoadRunner (Volaire) with the 360 intercept motor.