#1 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hello,

OK, I know, this is not a car and this is the model CAR forum, but don't worry, this is the only post I'll do about it. Anyways here I go:
I'm taking a break from cars. I have a few non-automotive projects on the bench now. This is the primary project: A 1/100 scale SH-60B Seahawk Helicopter. (I keep hearing Pixar CARS Mater's voice saying he has always wanted to fly in one of those fancy helicopters ) :D
This thing is small! A little over 5 inches long overall. But you know me, I can't just simply slap it together. I just machined a rotor mast and I'm replacing the swash plate links and will scratchbuild a rescue winch and add antennas, cables sensors etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should be finished before year's end.

Thanks,

#2 BIGTRUCK

BIGTRUCK

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Krawiec

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:26 AM

I know what you mean about small , I have a few copters made by Amodel from Poland in 1/72 , and they are only around 4 inches long , your machined parts are lookin good...

#3 Andy Wyatt

Andy Wyatt

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

Nothing wrong with doing non-automotive stuff Izzy. I am currently working on an armor project. Was in a slump, got a tank kit at an IPMS show and am having a lot of fun doing something different. A lot of different techniques involved....not having to polish out a paint job for one! Good luck with your chopper.

#4 S10man

S10man

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

Looks great...nice change of pace for sure. The machining is excellent.

#5 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

Hello gang,

I just finished this and I had a TON of fun doing it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More pics and details here: :wink:
http://puertoriconet...aircraft/sh60b/

Thanks,

#6 Ron

Ron

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

You did a awesome job on it...I sometimes take breaks from the car/bike stuff to venture off in some military builds, etc. Heck I am about 70% done with the Revell Pirates Ship they just recently released, and have enjoyed doing that....something different. Again, great job...the detail looks great on it.
Ron

#7 bestfreshman

bestfreshman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:40 AM

Good Job! Ismael. You really turn that fine. And taking in consideration that is so small you get a good detail work. Maybe i will try one of these, you inspire me.

#8 Ken

Ken

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Kilbourn

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:49 AM

I have at least two or three non-automotive projects going all the time. In the process of wrapping up the Tamiya 1/48 Tiger 1 and Sherman. I also have a Dragon King Tiger in 1/35th going and two Tamiya M1025 Humvees. One Humvee is straight out of the box waiting on a coat or two of Tamiya Buff and some weathering. The other is just started and will have the Verlinden update and serious weathering.

#9 Hot_Rod_Bob

Hot_Rod_Bob

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:59 AM

Nice looking chopper !!
Nothing wrong with taking a little break from auto's. Burnout is the worst thing that can happen. I am taking a break from doing any building while I get my Ham Radio station on the air again, we had an ice storm here 2 weeks ago and took my antenna down, Today I will hanging a new one up. I find that if all I do is build, I get kinda burned out in about a month. So I try to have many different things I can do since I can't work due to an injury from truck driving.

#10 marcelo ninci

marcelo ninci

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:47 AM

Olá Ismael

Belo trabalho. Parabéns!

Marcelo