1229 replies to this topic

#121 DRG

DRG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Full Name:Donald R. Gardner.
    I work hard, I build models for relaxation and fun.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

I don't really know if this will work.
I'm trying to post pictures of my workbench.

#122 vizio93

vizio93

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

I don't really know if this will work.
I'm trying to post pictures of my workbench.

Works fine on my end, that's a lindberg 34' Ford isn't it ? I've got one on my bench right now. That wood bed looks pretty good on it !!! :blink:

Edited by vizio93, 15 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#123 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Full Name:Jared Roach

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

I keep forgetting about this, need to get some pics up later tonight.

#124 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

As usual, too many projects.

Posted Image

#125 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

Here is my bench this saturday. I am getting Ecto ready for interior paint and to tint the windows. I don't think I'll be getting a lot done now since I screwed up and added a 9 inch dvd player to watch movies and tv seasons with :( Posted Image Posted Image

#126 DRG

DRG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

I love this forum as it allows me to see what tools you guys are using, your workbench set-up and what you are working on.
For some reason I can only post attachments but here it is anyway.

#127 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

I love this forum as it allows me to see what tools you guys are using, your workbench set-up and what you are working on.
For some reason I can only post attachments but here it is anyway.

Don you need to get a free photobucket account...then you can post pictures instead of attachments...Clay posted a tut in the tips / tut section!!

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=12248

Edited by MikeMc, 29 August 2010 - 04:47 AM.

#128 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Oh man I love that truck with the camper. Great eye candy.

#129 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

Now I realize it's not technically Saturday yet, but I am Mr. Mom now and my wife is working this weekend, so I might very well not see my new basement paradise :lol: After a 6 year total sabbatical, and probably 10 year serious build break I am jumping back into the hobby with both feet since I have a lot of free time now that school has started (for both my wife and my 8 y/o...ahh peace at last).

Little back story when I started solo-building at age 8, I started it at this table, in this corner, of this very house. Back then, this was my grandparent's house. Now it belongs to me, and I'm finally bringing it full circle to re-start my building again.

You'll notice the wires for my lights go straight up. Built in 1952, this house doesn't have any ground level outlets in the basement other than the washer/dryer. So everything has to be plugged into adapters that fit to the lighting fixtures. The black rubber material I received when I sadly moved the last bit of tooling from an fairly well known company. They were closing the plant and shifting production to Mexico and they literally offered me everything in the dumpsters. One thing was about 40 cubic yard roll of this material. It's slick blue vinyl on one side and non-skid rubber on the other. I plan to get some double-sided adhesive tape to get the edges down onto the table. Then I can cut into it with out dulling my X-Actos and the price couldn't be beat

Posted Image

These are the kits are things I've accumulated in the past 5 years. I have 5 boxes in storage. Not just boxes, but the shipping crates that Diebold uses to ship those "portable ATMs" that are now in every gas station. Imagine the closest one to you with the big topper on it with the bank name, now picture a cardboard crate 25% larger...now picture them stuffed with model kits. Hopefully I will be going to rescue them out of storage next weekend. The large white box beside the police kits is literally stuffed with police decals from Chimneyville, Accuscale, J-Bot and others. I was also fortunate enough to buy out the entire remaining stock when Pursuit Plastics went out of business. I have vague law enforcement related projects for everything but the Acura and Ferrari. I plan to build them up for display "traffic stops" on police kits I make.

Posted Image

I'm gonna pick out something from the pile to take to the new workbench tomorrow so I can start actually participating in the building around here instead of making rambling long-winded posts.

#130 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

Either that Louisville is out of place in your collection or your going to put a danged DOT cruiser behind it! :lol: Either way, it would look better in my collection!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#131 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

I aint done much in a while (summer time and all) but that is a good looking Chevy and Camper
Ya got goin on.
I like the color combo too..
Nice choice in Dremel tool too :lol: :lol:

Edited by Zukiholic, 31 August 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#132 DRG

DRG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

Ok, I know it's Sunday morning but I haven't touched anything yet.
Working on, slowly, a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner.

Attached Files

#133 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

I used the kitchen table today to tint windows.....lots cleanerPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#134 Cesar Bossolani

Cesar Bossolani

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Full Name:Cesar Bossolani

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Yesterday on my work bench... Started a '34 Roadster. I really love '33 & '34, started from rear fenders... started 17 pm to 3am :D ... No much work to a new thread yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cesar Bossolani

#135 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

This Saturday I have a mixture of a couple projects going on. I have my Demo Derby C.B. car torn apart after being in the purple pond. You can see my Pool truck and today I got the majority of the engine for it done. I didn't get much done as I was watching Sons of Anarchy at the bench and now the Nascar race is on. Posted Image Posted Image

#136 Ray

Ray

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

First Saturday in a while I got to be at my workbench so I figured I'd send in some pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 re1ated

re1ated

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:Tomi Pirttinen

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Tamiya's R34 Calsonic Skyline currently on the bench.

#138 Dave Ambrose

Dave Ambrose

MCM Avid Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ambrose

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

Polar Lights Batplane, Jag XJR-9, and helping my daughter with a well-weathered Gundam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#139 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hi all this is my bench sat night.
Posted Image
got a few projects on the go there's the pick up for my father in laws Xmas, he mini for a work challenge. And the siera is awaiting getting stripped.

#140 Ray

Ray

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

Have to post tonight cause I'm headed to a model show in the morning. Finished up my build from last Saturday. Thought I would get this Petty Belvedere built cause it's been sitting on desk forever and deserves to be finished. Thanks for lookin, Ray

Posted Image

Posted Image