Jump to content

What parts do I need to convert a 71 Plymouth GTX to a 72 Road Runner?

  • You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 pjring



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:09 AM

This is a christmas present for my husband and I have no clue where to start. Any help is appreciated!

#2 my name is nobody

my name is nobody

    MCM Avid Poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Location:Ad Free, USA.
  • Full Name:I.B. outtahere.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

:D This is one of those things that always happen to me................
I just traded away a 1972 MPC Roadrunner (Annual)Kit. ;)
well, here is what I know, as I have built a few mopars.
The Tail Light Assembly is different. The Grille is also different.
other than that, they are alot alike.
Now, Monogram used to make a '71 Satellite kit that isnt too hard to obtain,
that has the 'callout' hood rather than the 'N96' option fresh air, (or air grabber hood.)
But the interiors are pretty similar, and overall the body is close,
So a grille, and a taillight /bumber assembly, and possibly the hood.
Since the 440 can be made to look like a 400 cubic inch big block,
all you need there is a single 4 barrel intake, carb & Air cleaner.
MPC also had a 1971 roadrunner kit, that has a terrific set of roadrunner strobe stripes.

#3 george 53

george 53

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Location:Allen Park, MI 48101
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

pring, if you can get an MPC 71 RoadRunner, Vhandyhart sells a 72 conversion kit consisting of a GTX grille, rear bumper and other parts. Get ahold of him at Vhandyhart@ aol.com to see his pricelist. His stuff IS TOP quality with no airbubbles or lots of flash. Plus, he ships fast. The price is only 8 bucks an it's worth it. Hope this helps. :D