#1 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

Can anyone tell me what kit these tires are from?
Posted Image
They are two-piece plastic, and have the AMT/MPC wheel diameter. Also, are there any sources for these as resin repops?

Thanks-
Chuck Most

#2 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Can anyone tell me what kit these tires are from?
Posted Image
They are two-piece plastic, and have the AMT/MPC wheel diameter. Also, are there any sources for these as resin repops?

Thanks-
Chuck Most

Those are the two-piece hard black plastic Firestone 15" Indy Car tires that were substituted, in 1975, for the original PVC tires in the AMT Corporation 1963 Agajanian Willard Battery Spl (Watson roadster, Parnelli Jones up), and their 1963 Lotus Powered By Ford (Jim Clark, Dan Gurney). These tires were also included in a version of the AMT Corporation '37 Chevy Coupe, at my suggestion, when they were looking at doing a Bonneville version of the model.

Art

#3 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,101 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

Those are the two-piece hard black plastic Firestone 15" Indy Car tires that were substituted, in 1975, for the original PVC tires in the AMT Corporation 1963 Agajanian Willard Battery Spl (Watson roadster, Parnelli Jones up), and their 1963 Lotus Powered By Ford (Jim Clark, Dan Gurney). These tires were also included in a version of the AMT Corporation '37 Chevy Coupe, at my suggestion, when they were looking at doing a Bonneville version of the model.

Art

THANK YOU, ART!