#21 MODELFREAK2112

MODELFREAK2112

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:John Imus

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hobby Depot, Mill and Southern, Tempe. They allways get the new releases. Also have a great paint selection and many shades of aclad including chrome. Also a pretty cool display case with some nice built ups. Just picked up Corvette Grand Sport and the Tony Nancy double kit. They Have a Facebook page but it needs more photos they also offer a punch card when filled is good for 10.00 bucks. Alot of Military and plane kits also a good selection of figures and sci fi kits. It is located just west of Mill on Southern behind Fry's right next to Red Devil italian, Great pizza. Check it out
John

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hobby Depot, Mill and Southern, Tempe. They allways get the new releases. Also have a great paint selection and many shades of aclad including chrome. Also a pretty cool display case with some nice built ups. Just picked up Corvette Grand Sport and the Tony Nancy double kit. They Have a Facebook page but it needs more photos they also offer a punch card when filled is good for 10.00 bucks. Alot of Military and plane kits also a good selection of figures and sci fi kits. It is located just west of Mill on Southern behind Fry's right next to Red Devil italian, Great pizza. Check it out
John

Hobby Depot is my favorite...was in there yesterday, they had the Revell '84 Caddy custom and '56 Ford truck reissues in stock.

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Now that I found out that Hobby Depot is under new ownership, I will have to stop by one of these days, what are the price on the kits ?

#24 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Now that I found out that Hobby Depot is under new ownership, I will have to stop by one of these days, what are the price on the kits ?

Revell new releases tend to be around $22-24. So about the same as from an online vendor w/ shipping. Didn't realize they were under new ownership...I've been going there around 4 years since I moved here.

Edited by Rob Hall, 26 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#25 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Revell new releases tend to be around $22-24. So about the same as from an online vendor w/ shipping. Didn't realize they were under new ownership...I've been going there around 4 years since I moved here.

So about the same price's as Hobby Bench and even Hobby Lobby pre coupon, thats what I was told, I dont remember the details.

#26 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

So about the same price's as Hobby Bench and even Hobby Lobby pre coupon, thats what I was told, I dont remember the details.

Probably...I haven't been to Hobby Bench in a while. Hobby Depot being about 10 min from my office makes it easy for me.

#27 MODELFREAK2112

MODELFREAK2112

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:John Imus

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

http://www.facebook.com/yahoo#!/pages/Hobby-Depot/252947589626

#28 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I want to say about the same price's, I dont look at the kits when I go to Hobby Bench anymore, I stopped buying kits at the LHS for the most part .

#29 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

I want to say about the same price's, I dont look at the kits when I go to Hobby Bench anymore, I stopped buying kits at the LHS for the most part .

I'm probably 50/50...I do buy plenty of kits online, but it's hard to beat the convenience of a close hobby shop...and for supplies I often hit the Hobby Bench at 19th Av and Northern which is close to home.

#30 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm probably 50/50...I do buy plenty of kits online, but it's hard to beat the convenience of a close hobby shop...and for supplies I often hit the Hobby Bench at 19th Av and Northern which is close to home.

The nearest Hobby Bench is about 25 mins away from me, I have a Hobby Lobby about 10 mins away, Its just easier for me to buy online. I like having the Hobby Lobby close by, as they carry Model Master Lacquer, and Hobby bench does not

#31 David G.

David G.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Full Name:David A. Gudzinas

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

I've been going there for at least 15 years- long enough that if Nancy's working at the register, she greets me by name when I come through the door.

B)

I'll shop on line to get the kit numbers, then I have Hobby Bench order them for me.

David G.