MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

What I'm building and where I'm at...

The body:

The interior with scratched equipment (the scuba tanks are aluminum tube with Model T headlight buckets):

The AeroDynic lightbar swiped from another kit with alley lights added on:

Basic chassis with white rims instead of chrome (matches TV truck):

Quick video from the show:

240-Robert opening

Looks awesome and the video was quite interesting, hope you don't mind but I'm gonna ask you two questions, were's the light bar from and I thought there Bronco was a '78-'79?

#42 Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Doyle

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

The lightbar came from the Testor's metal bodied Crown Vic (NYPD, Chicago, or Denver versions).

The kit was issued in 1980. I guess that they had that year tooled and used it. The body isn't really right for a '79 or '80. I've looked at several pics of both and there are variances in the grill and taillights. Pretty much just building it boxstock other than the lights and equipment.

The unit number on the roof was transposed to read 420-R-2 Instead of 240-R-2. As much as I would love to believe this kit was a direct tie in to the show, it was never labeled or promoted as such. I suppose this was to keep from paying royalties.

Edited by Murphy's Law, 04 December 2009 - 07:56 AM.

#43 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Full Name:Jose Madera

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

Well heres my deathproof nova, lots of scrachtbuild, earn me a 1st place on the CSAE in november on PR:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

The lightbar came from the Testor's metal bodied Crown Vic (NYPD, Chicago, or Denver versions).

The kit was issued in 1980. I guess that they had that year tooled and used it. The body isn't really right for a '79 or '80. I've looked at several pics of both and there are variances in the grill and taillights. Pretty much just building it boxstock other than the lights and equipment.

The unit number on the roof was transposed to read 420-R-2 Instead of 240-R-2. As much as I would love to believe this kit was a direct tie in to the show, it was never labeled or promoted as such. I suppose this was to keep from paying royalties.

Ok Just curious.

Well heres my deathproof nova, lots of scrachtbuild, earn me a 1st place on the CSAE in november on PR:

looks good.

#45 michael1969

michael1969

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Agee

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hey guys, can I get in with an already built? I did this on in the 80's, Then last year I popped it all apart and redid it. Step into the way back machine and recall "Hardcastle and McCormack" and their Coyote. Mine is without the yellow pinstripe.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys, can I get in with an already built? I did this on in the 80's, Then last year I popped it all apart and redid it. Step into the way back machine and recall "Hardcastle and McCormack" and their Coyote. Mine is without the yellow pinstripe.

Looks cool, I may be young but I remember Hardcastle and McCormack. B)

Edited by Dukefan69', 05 December 2009 - 05:05 AM.

#47 chevyguy97

chevyguy97

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

i am a big duke fan, i'm not realy a fan of the movie, i like the show better, but i had this body laying around and had to build the precooter general lee.
Posted Image

but i am a big fan of the general lee, i bought a 69 dodge charger model for this one, i wanted the best looking charger model i could find for this build.
Posted Image

had to put this on this fourm, yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa

#48 chevyguy97

chevyguy97

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is by far one of the badest models i have ever seen, i love the inside and the door missing panels and all the detail in the door, man that's bad @ss

#49 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

i am a big duke fan, i'm not realy a fan of the movie, i like the show better, but i had this body laying around and had to build the precooter general lee.

but i am a big fan of the general lee, i bought a 69 dodge charger model for this one, i wanted the best looking charger model i could find for this build.

had to put this on this fourm, yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa

That reminds me still gotta build those 27 Chargers I bought.

#50 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

Well by golly I finally got a little work done on my project! :D

Basically I built up part of the chassis and engine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well by golly I finally got a little work done on my project! <_<

Basically I built up part of the chassis and engine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks good, I got a question though if you don't mind me asking, is this kit well put togther, do parts alighn easily, also does it come with the steel doors? I was gonna buy 2 of these kits but deceided to wait and put them on hold instead.

#52 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

Looks good, I got a question though if you don't mind me asking, is this kit well put togther, do parts alighn easily, also does it come with the steel doors? I was gonna buy 2 of these kits but deceided to wait and put them on hold instead.

The chassis and engine went together really well, and it looks like the rest of the kit should too. And yeah, it comes with the full steel doors.

#53 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

The chassis and engine went together really well, and it looks like the rest of the kit should too. And yeah, it comes with the full steel doors.

perfect I'm gonna build both versions of Daisy's Jeep,

with steel doors
Posted Image

and without
Posted Image

#54 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

###### it, forgot to post finished "Christine", I swear She has mind powers working me over so I don't post Her. Still gotta put the plates on.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 voljeepx

voljeepx

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Sisco

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

Finally getting around to showing you all my progress and a little history of the Eliminator car of the band ZZ Top. This is and excerpt from the Original ZZ Top store:
The red 1933 3-window hot rod coupe dubbed “The Eliminator” is closely associated with the 1983 ZZ Top album of the same name, and a dramatic painting of the car is the album cover art. It was featured in a video trilogy from ELIMINATOR, consisting of “Sharp Dressed Man,” “Gimme All Your Lovin’,” and “Legs.” The car itself has since been viewed by hundreds of thousands of car and rock fans since its initial customization by Don Thelen. It also became a best-selling model kit. The 1933 Ford is a true American classic, based on the celebrated and highly collectible 1932 Ford Model B “Deuce” which introduced the Flathead V8 engine to the world The 1933 model year revision included a stretched wheelbase and a new grille with its characteristic pointed-forward slope-at-bottom which resembled the much more pricey Packard. Total sales for this model year rose to 300,000, outstanding for the depression era. The 1932, 1933, and 1934 Fords are among the most desired model years and makes by hot rodders.

Album cover:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that you have seen the end result (hopefully) let's look at what I've done so far:

Here is the engine under assembly
Posted Image

They must use the chassis from the stock '33 Ford for this kit because the pea shooter muffler and old style battery tray were molded in. No problem, just get out the dremel and start surgery!
Posted Image

After two days, this is what I have completed
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is a quick mock up
Posted Image

More updates to come!

#56 voljeepx

voljeepx

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Sisco

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

Nick, great job on Christine! This is by far your best work and it looks so cool! Just keep her happy or you know what happens! :)

#57 chevyguy97

chevyguy97

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

this is my updated A-TEAM VAN. i built this for the online contest on minitruckinweb.com, i used a 4 door tahoe shaved the 2nd door and shaved the big side glass, painted charcole mt. and gloss black, with the famous red stripe.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the new movie is in the works, and i wanted to get a jump onit.

#58 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Full Name:Jose Madera

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

this is my updated A-TEAM VAN. i built this for the online contest on minitruckinweb.com, i used a 4 door tahoe shaved the 2nd door and shaved the big side glass, painted charcole mt. and gloss black, with the famous red stripe.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the new movie is in the works, and i wanted to get a jump onit.

wow, awesome!A+ for you,great idea

#59 MrDemon340

MrDemon340

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Full Name:joe messer

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

got a little work down on the truck i got a little paint work done on the motor also hey nick i was watching some good ol dukes last night i found 2 more car to build it would be a simple build pm me if interested they are interesting http://i262.photobuc...oe/P1050036.jpg

Posted Imagejust like a few more things and im done

#60 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

Now thats just not fair I was gonna blow the dust off the box with the contents of one "Christine" lol.