Model Cars Magazine Forum

Movie and TV vehicle community build

Nick Winter

Heres an update on O'Bannion's Duster i'd got the body a week ago from mustangman once i'd recieved it i got to work on the body right away i'd grafted the engine bay from a AMT 71 Duster. I'd have the frame painted and gave it a black overspray i'd used Rust-Oleum "Textured" Black altough its not accurate but it will do.

DazedConfused73PlymouthDuster2.jpg

DazedConfused73PlymouthDuster.jpg

DazedConfused73PlymouthDuster3.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

Here's a update.

Ok update. I got the chassis over spray painted the PROPER way, barley any at all. Also I got all of the engine/suspension pieces that are black in black. I still have ALOT of work to go but plan on finishing the chassis tomorrow.

sonoma059-2.jpg

sonoma063-1.jpg

sonoma081.jpg

And here is the license plate I'm working on.

73bb6621.jpg

still got to dull coat the wheel wells

thanks for looking.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Ok, another update. Got the chassis done, I'm happy with the way it looks, but the ride height is killing me, WAY TOO HIGH!! The rims are too small too but still, I'm probly going to leave it the way it is because I don't want to mess around with the turning front wheels and I just want to get this thing done and off my bench.

sonoma131.jpg

sonoma110-1.jpg

sonoma108-1.jpg

sonoma148-1.jpg

sonoma168.jpg

sonoma170.jpg

The exhaust and heat sheilds are done in bare metal foil but the heat sheilds are dull coated, I still got to add a bit of dirt and grime to make it relestic, and the brembo brakes are from my parts box, more to come.

Very nice! I like the brembo brakes detail!

Ok, another update. Got the chassis done, I'm happy with the way it looks, but the ride height is killing me, WAY TOO HIGH!! The rims are too small too but still, I'm probly going to leave it the way it is because I don't want to mess around with the turning front wheels and I just want to get this thing done and off my bench.

sonoma131.jpg

sonoma110-1.jpg

sonoma108-1.jpg

sonoma148-1.jpg

sonoma168.jpg

sonoma170.jpg

The exhaust and heat sheilds are done in bare metal foil but the heat sheilds are dull coated, I still got to add a bit of dirt and grime to make it relestic, and the brembo brakes are from my parts box, more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, quick update, I FINALLY have got a chance to build again, so I got the dash done, two toned like it's suposed to be like on the 1:1, working on painting everything else, this interior is VERY tricky to paint.

BTW sorry for the crappy pics, took em real quick.

sonoma179-2.jpg

sonoma183-1.jpg

Thanks for lookin

• 2 weeks later...

Quick up date, no pics.

I spent 3 hours wet sanding and painting to get the paint looking great. Then 1 more coat of paint and it would of been ready for decals and clear. Well the roof wrinkled and orange pealed so bad. So I am done with this thing till I get the paint fixed, right now it is being striped.

Heres the latest on the VP Challenger i finally have the body in paint for the 6th time i'd used Valspar Gloss White which can be found at Lowes. Im close to being finished with this one all thats left is to add the nick-knack stuff to it. The Challenger will soon be in the Under Glass section before the weekend is over with.

VanishingPoint70DodgeChallenger-1.jpg

VanishingPoint70DodgeChallenger2-1.jpg

VanishingPoint70DodgeChallenger3-1.jpg

• 2 years later...