#121 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

This thread inspired me to start a new blog about TV/Movie cars. I was wondering if someone could grant me permission to post a link to it. I would like to also do a article about this thread. I love this build off! Keep them coming. I currently don't have a TV/Movie car project to do. But I may pick-up something for myself to do soon. I hope I haven't crossed any lines by asking. I think this is an awesome community.

send me a PM and we can chat about it ok,
Nick

#122 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Full Name:Jared Roach

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

well here's a quick update on the charger, got the rims and grill chrome striped, and got the rims painted black, the body in primer and the trany in silver and the block in hemi orange, can't really work on this till I get paint, which is tommorrow.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this is going to be a pretty quick build, because I got other things that I want to finish, and this is a pretty plan car I'm building, but great kit, but still, I'm going to work on the engine tommorrow, thanks for lookin

#123 mustangman

mustangman

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Full Name:Randy

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Simple build a car,truck, suv, van, wagon, or anything that your building that Was on TV, or in a Movie.

Rules
1). You must have atleast 1 refrence picture from the Movie/ TV show
2). you gotta post your build pics here
3). I'd like it if you wrote a little info about it or it's Role in the Movie/ TV Show/ Who in the Movie or TV show drove it
That's it, now start building Posted Image

I ONLY HAVE ONE NO REFERANCE PICS FAMOUS MOVIE too fast too furious 1

Attached Files

#124 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:13 AM

well here's a quick update on the charger, got the rims and grill chrome striped, and got the rims painted black, the body in primer and the trany in silver and the block in hemi orange, can't really work on this till I get paint, which is tommorrow.

this is going to be a pretty quick build, because I got other things that I want to finish, and this is a pretty plan car I'm building, but great kit, but still, I'm going to work on the engine tommorrow, thanks for lookin

Looks Great Jared.

I ONLY HAVE ONE NO REFERANCE PICS FAMOUS MOVIE too fast too furious 1

Nice car but, this is a build not a show.

#125 Car Crazy 81

Car Crazy 81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

Nick- I'd wanted to give you the lastest on the "Dazed And Confused" Duster i'd just recieved a MPC 73 Duster body to get started which i'd got from member mustangman now i need to do some work on the frame & interior which is from a AMT 71 Duster although the interior pattern isnt accurate but its all i got i'll have pics of the progress soon.

#126 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Nick- I'd wanted to give you the lastest on the "Dazed And Confused" Duster i'd just recieved a MPC 73 Duster body to get started which i'd got from member mustangman now i need to do some work on the frame & interior which is from a AMT 71 Duster although the interior pattern isnt accurate but its all i got i'll have pics of the progress soon.

Use the amt 75 duster(dart)for your interior,it has the same pattern,you MAY have to tweek it alittle to fit the 71 Chassis,But it will work,i'm working on a 72 Demon right know,and that's how i'm doing mine!.................Steve Ketterer

#127 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Ok, here's a update on the charger, got the hemi and transmission all finished, Alot of fun to build and way more detailed then the revell 6.1 hemi's. now onto the interior...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thnks for looking.

#128 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Looks Good.

#129 AceofBass

AceofBass

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Full Name:Justin

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

The Dharma Van is almost complete! Just need to add taillights, windshield wipers, mud and rust, and a few other very minor details. It was my fist time working with BMF so the logo is shoddy work but the idea is there.

Attached Files

#130 ale8oneboy

ale8oneboy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

send me a PM and we can chat about it ok,
Nick

PM Sent.

#131 Car Crazy 81

Car Crazy 81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:19 AM

Heres an update on O'Bannion's Duster i'd got the body a week ago from mustangman once i'd recieved it i got to work on the body right away i'd grafted the engine bay from a AMT 71 Duster. I'd have the frame painted and gave it a black overspray i'd used Rust-Oleum "Textured" Black altough its not accurate but it will do.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by LSU Fan 1981, 19 February 2010 - 05:20 AM.

#132 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

Here's a update.

Ok update. I got the chassis over spray painted the PROPER way, barley any at all. Also I got all of the engine/suspension pieces that are black in black. I still have ALOT of work to go but plan on finishing the chassis tomorrow.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here is the license plate I'm working on.
Posted Image

still got to dull coat the wheel wells

thanks for looking.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333, 20 February 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#133 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

Ok, another update. Got the chassis done, I'm happy with the way it looks, but the ride height is killing me, WAY TOO HIGH!! The rims are too small too but still, I'm probly going to leave it the way it is because I don't want to mess around with the turning front wheels and I just want to get this thing done and off my bench.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The exhaust and heat sheilds are done in bare metal foil but the heat sheilds are dull coated, I still got to add a bit of dirt and grime to make it relestic, and the brembo brakes are from my parts box, more to come.

#134 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Jared that looks very nice.

#135 ale8oneboy

ale8oneboy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:31 AM

Very nice! I like the brembo brakes detail!

Ok, another update. Got the chassis done, I'm happy with the way it looks, but the ride height is killing me, WAY TOO HIGH!! The rims are too small too but still, I'm probly going to leave it the way it is because I don't want to mess around with the turning front wheels and I just want to get this thing done and off my bench.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The exhaust and heat sheilds are done in bare metal foil but the heat sheilds are dull coated, I still got to add a bit of dirt and grime to make it relestic, and the brembo brakes are from my parts box, more to come.

#136 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

Ok, quick update, I FINALLY have got a chance to build again, so I got the dash done, two toned like it's suposed to be like on the 1:1, working on painting everything else, this interior is VERY tricky to paint.

BTW sorry for the crappy pics, took em real quick.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for lookin

#137 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

Lookin' Good.

#138 Jared Roach

Jared Roach

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

Quick up date, no pics.

I spent 3 hours wet sanding and painting to get the paint looking great. Then 1 more coat of paint and it would of been ready for decals and clear. Well the roof wrinkled and orange pealed so bad. So I am done with this thing till I get the paint fixed, right now it is being striped.

#139 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

Is there any time limit on this build, I'd like to join in but I have a build in progress on another site's community build going on right now as well.

#140 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

Is there any time limit on this build, I'd like to join in but I have a build in progress on another site's community build going on right now as well.

No limit.