#241 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Well l don't know about impossible to find, but one of my favorite cars of all time that l never thought l could GET: Johan 1963 Plymouth Fury. l finally found a built-up that l could afford back in December & have been slowly collecting parts to upgrade it since. Should have it finished ia a couple weeks. Might not mean much to others, but to me & my modest budget, it's a lot. Bart

#242 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

That's a lot of paint!

#243 MicroNitro

MicroNitro

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Full Name:jim littiken

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Looks expensive. Are you going to build it as a race car or stock?

#244 trogdor

trogdor

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Full Name:rick

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Seeing what you can do with raw materials, I'm looking forward to this masterpiece from you.

#245 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Geeze, I remember when you could buy that rascal out of a magazine for about a hunnert bucks! They were advertised at that price to get you to join a modelers club backed by Pocher I believe. You bought it, and sent pictures in and you'd get it put in their magazine and they even offered to buy it back from you! I still have a few 1/8 scale stuff that I'll never build, but no Pocher kits unfortunately!
Tear that rascal UP, Rom!! It coulda dun ALOT worse than to have a Car Nut like YOU get their hands on it!!! You GO Bro!!!! :lol: :D ;)

#246 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I would say my recent Grail kit was Tamiya's 1/6 scale Trail 70 or "Dax". Most of them go for more then I bought the real bike for.But I got lucky and got one.

#247 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:matthew Burnett

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Rom; great score; the autograph kit for that car is incredible as well. The paint looks iffy at best....most of them were that way. I will tell you ,that stripping the metal pocher body is really easy....simply soak it in lacquer thinner and the factory paint will fall right off... I have done a bunch of the testarossa this way...and remember....the paint on the real cars was SO thin; you could actually make out the C/F under it......Can't wait to see this one done..............Matt

#248 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

For me , it's the original MPC 1968 Color Me Gone Charfer funnycar.
I have a builder to tackle someday. I had a mint unbuilt kit ,, but like an idiot sold it a few years back, and I would like to have another someday if the price is right.
A close 2nd is the Johan 1963 Dodge Polara hardtop kit. I have one builder but need maybe 3 or 4 more ( no real interest in an unbuilt version )

Theres been a rash of builders and unbuilts on Ebay lately but I'm not paying the prices what this kit goes for. I have one for now, and I don't think I have over $40 in it.

#249 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Wow, nice score, Rom!

For me...the Mod Squad Mercury Woody wagon is my "Holy Grail" kit. I had one as a kid and have only seen one since (was at my LHS)...and it had a "SOLD" sign on it...

#250 Chillyb1

Chillyb1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Full Name:Curtis

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

look at the size of these parts.....
Posted Image
Lets here from you.....

I don't know, maybe you just have really small hands.

And this may not really count as Grail because they are out there, but it is my particular obsession. I don't think Tamiya will ever reissue this so I buy them whenever I can; well, when I can at a reasonable price. I first found one in a store still bearing the price tag applied when it arrived in the mid-1980s: $20.00. I sold that to a fellow modeler who made a desperate plea and my kind and generous nature said yes. Then I regretted almost immediately. Now I have several in the stash and will never, ever sell one again. I've yet to build one, but one is in the next-up pile.
Posted Image

#251 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Enjoy that Ferrari! It's a bear to build right and not as nice as some of the earlier Pocher kits. Never understood why a metal body and plastic chassis when the real car had a lightweight carbon fiber (plastic) body and steel tube chassis. But... it's a fun kit and indeed hard to find.
B)

#252 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Looks expensive. Are you going to build it as a race car or stock?

I plan to build this one stock but super detailed

Rom; great score; the autograph kit for that car is incredible as well. The paint looks iffy at best....most of them were that way. I will tell you ,that stripping the metal pocher body is really easy....simply soak it in lacquer thinner and the factory paint will fall right off... I have done a bunch of the testarossa this way...and remember....the paint on the real cars was SO thin; you could actually make out the C/F under it......Can't wait to see this one done..............Matt

Thanks Matt for the tip Im gonna repaint this one Black

#253 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Rom this is going to be wicked cool.

I can not wait to see it on the bench.

I all ready am jealous of your building skills but now ya go and do this.

I love it,are you going to do a factory paint job or something wild?

Nah Tim Ferrari's are my favorite car and I have the utmost respect for the make, which means (for me ) if you do a ferrari you do it by the numbers. Thats why you guys have never seen me do one, because I want to do it right. Im gonna keep her in a factory fresh black paint.

#254 hotrod59f100

hotrod59f100

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Shane F Decker

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Rom for me the f40 is one of the only super cars I'd ever want to own. That and the acura nsx wich i see as the poor mans ferrari .wich some day I would like to own now that there hovering in my price range for my holy grail models woud be rosso 1/12 Honda Nsx kit $252. + $60 shiping eBay ,hasegwa 1/12 Nissan 300zx twin turbo $600.+ $90. Shipping on eBay .and lastly hasegwa 1/12 rx7. 1 on eBay currently being bid on.

Is the the pocher kits highly detailed on ther own?

#255 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Rom for me the f40 is one of the only super cars I'd ever want to own. That and the acura nsx wich i see as the poor mans ferrari .wich some day I would like to own now that there hovering in my price range for my holy grail models woud be rosso 1/12 Honda Nsx kit $252. + $60 shiping eBay ,hasegwa 1/12 Nissan 300zx twin turbo $600.+ $90. Shipping on eBay .and lastly hasegwa 1/12 rx7. 1 on eBay currently being bid on.

Is the the pocher kits highly detailed on ther own?

Their not highly detailed when you get them but.... You can get trans kits from a few differant makers the Autograph trans kit is by far the most detailed (and the most exspensive) it has just about every nut and bolt that's on the 1:1 car. the trans kit add almost 14lbs to the model. check out some of these pics of the trans kit from my Photobucket.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Romell R, 08 June 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#256 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

My holy grail is the MPC STP Turbine Indycar from 1967. Saw the real one at the track and built one when I was a kid, long gone now. They're out there but too rich for my blood.

Good luck Rom. That looks like quite a project, those detail photos look awesome!

#257 hotrod59f100

hotrod59f100

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Shane F Decker

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

I was just woundering about the detail because of the price you would think your buying gold.lol Wow that is some detail in that trans kit.

#258 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Romell, congrats on getting it, I remember we were talking about it when you were here for desert scale.

I dont really have a holy grail kit, but there are a few that come close, and one of the is the revell datsun 510.

#259 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Congratulations!
I would love a 1/8 Ferrari but im not a F40 fan. The Testa Rossa on the other hand.......
joe.

#260 jaymcminn

jaymcminn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Full Name:Jason McMinn

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Congrats on the score, Romell. That build with the Autograph kit is amazing! As far as my "grail" kits, I scored two recently (Fujimi EM Stratos, Fujimi EM Porsche 356 Speedster) and am keeping an eye out for a few more- especially the Italeri Ferrari 250SWB. I was really disappointed that Revell AG's reissue of that one fell through.