3 replies to this topic

#1 Trans Am Erik

Trans Am Erik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

My friend Joe (owner of Downriver Speedway) liked my concept Trans Am (the Kevin Morgan car with 1977 styling) so much he's having me build a different version of the concept for a slot drag body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lusenut2

lusenut2

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

This is going to be awesome. I hope you have more time to work on them then I do. lol Keep the pics coming.

#3 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:58 AM

Very good idea! Width problems? Think the older car is a touch wider necessitating a bit of sectioning of the donor pieces. Great project!

#4 nascarfan12

nascarfan12

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Full Name:Allan White

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

Man, does this look awesome. Makes me want to convert one for static- display. Here in Maine, slot-cars are a forgotten relic. There's one store in the southern part of the State which has some slot-car stuff, and that's it. I still have a selection of AFX cars and track, some day I want to build a track with scenery in the basement. One nice thing; there are so many Hot Wheels, Matchbox and other brands of die cast cars which are approximately 1/64th scale, and will look good parked next to these slot cars. And I have found a couple of companies online who sell small-scale slot cars and supplies, so someone out there still uses this stuff.