Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

I just picked up this kit at a lil show on Sat. The kit is molded in black. I have another kit just like it but molded in aqua. Anyone know why and which kit is older? Just curious. I can post a pic if needed.

#2 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

I'm almost afraid to open mine. LOL. Towards the end, Johan used whatever plastic that was in the hoppers. I do have a Turbine car molded in army man green. Remember those toy soldiers? The Turbines also were molded in bronze and white. As far as your Olds is concerned, I have heard of them being molded in tan, white, red, black, and aqua. I also have various SC/Ramblers in white, dark green and blue. I have a blue Marlin and I have seen a red one.

#3 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Full Name:Billy

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:17 PM

Mine was molded in white...I got one of the last ones, from Okey's Wharehouse find. Didn't come with tires, but that's OK as I built it as a slight custom.

With Johan kits, like Gregg said, it's like a Pot-Luck...you never know what you will get! I have a 72 NASCAR Torino in semi-translucent Orange and two in white, and my Heavenly Hearse is molded in bright blue!

#4 Wildrice

Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they molded stuff in so many colors. I still wish the would reissue some of the kits.

#5 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

I , too wish the kits would come back, but that aint likely to happen as the molds were either stolen or destroyed or thrown away. Mr. Oakey has a few molds but not the entire catalogue. I think he may even have the Mercedes molds but those are missing tire molds.