3 replies to this topic

#1 DarylH

DarylH

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:04 AM

Since I had a good bench day yesterday I thought I'd put these up....

I was an intense F1 fan in the 60's-'70s and '80s and when three US based teams went into the fray I was pretty excited!

Recently available from Bill Jorgensen are the Shadow DN3 and the Parnelli VPJ1 and I've made a pretty good start on the Shadow.

Yesterday was wheels and rear wing day....today I need to get the engine and rear suspension mated up so I can figure out how to mount them to the resin chassis.

Posted Image

Reference and inspiration.....

Posted Image

I work on a glass cutting board from a kitchen supply store. Smooth, flat and easy to clean between projects.....

Posted Image

#2 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:21 AM

That's very cool! Those cars were awesome as well as beautiful! I wish I could have seen them in person racing.....
Great start! I'll follow up this project closely.

#3 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:54 AM

Cool project!!
Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

#4 DarylH

DarylH

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

Cool project!!
Does that kit come with the engine, or is it from another kit? Also, is it 1:24 or 1:20?

The kit requires a Tamiya 1/20 Wolf or Williams for tires, engine and rear suspension along with some smaller parts.

The resin was a bit rough but it's the only game in town so I was glad to find it!