Model Cars Magazine Forum

Automotive art

Jairus

All right Gang!

Since I am an automotive artist… I thought we needed a column for “Auto Artâ€! This forum section will be for posting cool car art that you your self have drawn or someone elses art piece that you currently own.

Please do NOT post links to other person’s art, or art found on other web sites! I cannot stress this enough. I do not want to hear of any cease and desist letters, notes or emails received saying that we have art posted on this forum without the owner’s permission! Any art posted like that will be removed and the poster suspended for a time to be decided by the moderators. Likewise, I do not want to find out that art posted here was downloaded and used else where without the owner’s prior permission!

Okay?

I will get this started with a timely piece that I did for the 2004 MCM calendar. Enjoy!

Christmas2.jpg

This piece was created for a Galaxie Ltd. ad run in the pages of MCM.

47fleetlineblack.jpg

Sketchpad image used in MCM issue #114

trike.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hopefully, in a few weeks, I will be posting some art work that has never been seen before, ANYWHERE !!!!!!!!!!

I have twelve original works of art that were drawn in the 1960's. Nine of them were proposals for box art for Revell, one looks like it might have come from GM and two look like they were drawn for Motor Trend magazine. The Revell proposals were all drawn by the late artist Jack Lynwood. This is the same artist who did all of the ship model art work as well as all of the airplane and car kit art. I am planning to offer them to E-bay for auction but I will be sure to post them here first.

bob

• 6 months later...