5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

Just a quick rifling thru the box produced these impressions.

1) Most of the parts are a mix and match of other parts offered in the previous 4 kits

2) Unique parts include sweet wheels, seat, flame motif primary cover and air cleaner.

3) Real Fire decals look great, hope they apply just as good as they look.

That's all for now. I love these kits. I also saw the Gambler, #6 of 6 of the Revell Choppers, but didn't have enough cash to pick it up. Great kits, if you haven't gotten yourself one yet...

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!

#2 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

Thanks for the review. I'l probably pick up one of these eventually on clearence down the road. I have sooo many of the others that I can wait.

Hopefully Revell will announce something at Toy Fair(or whatever it's called now) next month. They've really created a great product with these, they don't stay on shelves long around here. Hopefully they won't rest on their laurels and throw some new parts at this tooling.

I'm going to dream here a bit and wish for a hubless rear wheel, springer front end, wide tank...

and maybe a carb?

#3 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

Revell did two 1/12 choppers in the early '70s - Rough Rider & Chain Gang. They were shovelheads done up in the style of the day - king & queen seat, sissy bars, looooong forks, belly in the air, peanut tank, etc. I submitted a request on revell.com that they re-release those as a compliment to the new-style bikes. Do the same and maybe that will happen!

#4 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:49 PM

I'm going to dream here a bit and wish for a hubless rear wheel, springer front end, wide tank...

and maybe a carb?

Replicas & Miniatures has the wide tank and a package containing two carbs, a stock Harley aircleaner and an S&S air cleaner. Here's the wide tank. I didn't take a picture of the carb package before I used them.
Posted Image

#5 ramonesblues

ramonesblues

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

it would be great if they would offer a kit with a panhead or knucklehead motor instead of the evolution in the other kits

#6 ironmike57

ironmike57

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

it would be great if they would offer a kit with a panhead or knucklehead motor instead of the evolution in the other kits

It would be, but the fact is, the motor in the Revell kits — an aftermarket H-D clone — is representative of what most custom bike builders are using these days. Harleys have gotten just a wee bit too expensive to cut up!

Not to mention that R-M would have to purchase the rights to the H-D logo etc.