#21 Peter Lombardo

Peter Lombardo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • Full Name:Peter

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Not positive, but I think that was supposed to be a putty applicator. The original had a front end extension that for some reason is still MIA. They opened some gates on the chrome tree portion of the tool, but evidently neglected the other part

Yes, back in the day the AMT Stylize Kits came with add on fronts and tails that were to be glued on and then they provided a tube of AMT body putty that was to be applied and smoothed out with that applicator. As a kid I cut my modeling "teeth" with those kits. My favorite was the 1962 Corvette kit. It had wild long nose front, a subtle rear and a "T Top" roof with clear top windows that opened up. I would kill to get one of those kits again. Anyway, I just picked up this Buick with the intention of building it in the "style" of the day.

#22 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hey!!! I finally bought my Buick kit today!!! 11 bucks and change on clearance at Hobby Lobby! B)

#23 FernTx

FernTx

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Full Name:Fernando Ruiz

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Did anyone else with this kit get a random 58-59 caddy bumper in their chrome sprue ?

#24 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Also, that long rectangular chunk of plastic that seems to serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever...

Don'tcha just love mystery parts?

#25 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Cut the roof off a 64 AMT Impala and blend it to the body,and fill in the first porthole on the front fender,and Look up a few photos of it,As far as the wheelbase both cars have the same,The LeSabre was different,Not the Wildcat!.......Steve Ketterer

The Wildcat was built on the Invicta (middle series, price-wise) body. It and the LeSabre are six inches shorter than the Electra 225 (214" vs. 220"), wheelbase is three inches shorter (123" vs. 126"). Only the Electra used the longer body for 1962. The Invicta station wagon, being essentially a 1961 wagon with a '62 front clip, was a half-inch shorter than the passenger car!