Model Cars Magazine Forum

First post

Randy Kern

Thanks, Ken. The Lamborghini Murcielago is the 40th Anniversary Model Fujimi kit, a curbside with some engine detail, as the engine cover does pop open. The kit builds as good as a Tamiya, and the parts fit is excellent. A few of the assemblies even screw together, no twisting or crooked fits, and the chassis has a small cover that hides the one screw that attaches it. You could even build it with no painting, just polish the body (if you like robin's egg blue). I painted it Tamiya Mica red. This is my ultimate exotic, and I was lucky to get it for a lot less than the $40.00 prices I've seen them go for. The VW altered is a resin body conversion kit that uses the AMT Bantam Blast donor kit. The bug is made by Modelmartin, and it includes the body, interior piece, headers, body prop rod and decals. The body pivots and rests on the very back frame rail cross-member, and fits nice and snug around the front of the engine. This is actually my first resin kit build, and the quality of the parts are first rate. I also used Tamiya spray can paint on this one (Candy Lime Green). The frame, interior piece, and headers were sprayed with Rustoleum Chrome, which when baked in a food dehydrator keeps the paint from rubbing off, and makes it look like polished aluminum.

Thanks for the kind words Dan, but like I said, I am surrounded by 'Plastic Artists' in the clubs and here (you included). When I first saw Dan's builds at the Gilbertsville Super September Show, I thought, now he needs to build more! The level of detail and workmanship at today's shows continually astounds me. Dan, maybe I better save the 25 cent words and nouveau phrases for my column in the club newsletter. :)