Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors vs Johan Rambler Pro Street

drodg

I know the Testors Pro Street Rambler SC Scrambler has a photo etch sheet for the side markers and the emblems. Does the Johan Pro street Rambler have the emblems? I am trying to build a correct 1969 Hurst Rambler SC and I have the original kit with decals etc but there are no side markers and no emblems. The Johan Pro street kit is real available but I can't find a Testors kit anywhere.

Thanks

photo etch in a johan kit? am i on mars? most johan kits were lucky to have proper depth interiors never mind advanced concepts like photo etch...unless im missing a big joke here!

The photo etch came in the Testors HSO version of this Johan kit. Both the SC/Rambler and the AMX in this series came with a small photo etch fret of emblems.

SC/Rambler photo etch

DSCN0057-vi.jpg

AMX photo etch

DSCN0058-vi.jpg

Thanks, Pat.

There were four kits in this series, AMX, SC/Rambler, '71 Cuda and the '70 442. All had the white metal wheels and lo pro tires but only the two AMC's had the photo etch. Testors later released the Johan Comet but it did not come with the metal wheels and was shipped in a normal model kit package.

Like the AlumaCoupe tires ?? :(

Wait until you try the tires! Every set I've ever had came apart quickly once used. It's as if the vinyl cooled too much in the mold, and there are lots of internal weak spots where the slightest tension (just having a wheel inside) splits them in no time. I've had this happen on a half-dozen sets, with a 100-percent fail rate. They're always look like new, until you use them.