#1 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:matthew Burnett

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:54 AM

Hey guys; just wanted to share a couple shots of my Hawaiian tropic 935 project, got the basic engine assembly done; working on all of the plumbing and wiring.....check it out....matt
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:21 PM

Looks like it might be 1/12th scale...
Good start, keep us updated please!

#3 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:46 PM

Jairus; It is the Tamiya 1/12 scale "martini" 935...I am building the 1979 Lemans car that was driven by Dick Barbour and Paul Newman.....in "Hawaiian Tropic" livery, and using the Scalemotorsport photo etch set is quite a challenge....seemingly MILLIONS of tiny P/E parts....just the kind of project a guy with only 10% use of his hands should be working on! (LOL) In building this car, I am fortunate to have full access to all of Dick Barbours' photos and technical data from when the car was raced....it helps get all the little details "just right"; as every race team did something different with these cars..........I'll keep you guys posted as it progresses....thanx for checking it out........matt

#4 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:49 AM

Beautiful engine work Matt!

I have this kit as I won it off the 'Bay a few years ago.............but alas, it sits in the box untouched. The guy even threw in an extra built engine..........

I wanna definitely watch this one! 8)

#5 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:07 AM

Bill; I would say that is a builder....I have done several of the Tamiya Porsches over the years; and they build up very nicely.....I would also say that having a built Basic engine to put in the model is a good thing, I am bummed I don't have another engine for this one...it would be nice to display this engine on a stand...to show off all of the P/E and details! I can also say this....BUY the SMS super detail set before they are all gone! It is a bit pricey....but WELL worth every penny!!!! I'll keep you posted on progress........matt

#6 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:20 AM

Hey Guys; Here's a couple pix of further sub-assembly progress on the 935....hub/rotor assemblies, and fuel cell....working on the dash right now...........have a look.....matt
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image