#41 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

WOW, paintjob looks fantastic and that color choice with those decals is looking simly amazing. I like seeing Front Engine Dragsters on the workbench. This will sure look good, you are very talented builder, can't wait to see it done. :rolleyes:

#42 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

This build is gorgeous and the paint is fantastic. Glad you'll be bringing it to DSC this weekend because I'm gonna be studying it thoroughly. Looking forward to meeting you Chris.

Thanks Brad. looking forward to bringing this to the DSC even though it won't be done. I was going to try and have more done but I have been working some crazy busy hours at work this week which hasn't let me work on my models. lol Look forward to meeting you as well.

WOW, paintjob looks fantastic and that color choice with those decals is looking simly amazing. I like seeing Front Engine Dragsters on the workbench. This will sure look good, you are very talented builder, can't wait to see it done. :rolleyes:

Niko, the kind words are much appreciated my friend. After I had the colors painted I pretty much decided to look at my slixx decals that I had and picked ones that would look good and what I thought fit the build. I didn't want to over do it but wanted to have just enough on there. I am anxious to get this build done. Now I am trying figure should I spend most of my time to just finish this build or continue working little on this and little on my 1/16th scale funny car... :lol: Both builds have the blood flowing to work on them.

#43 Dogfish_7

Dogfish_7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Osborne

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Incredible paint work!! :(

#44 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:18 AM

Thank you Dogfish!! There was alot more time in this one than I had planned. Gotta love when you have to redo it twice.... B)

I haven't had much time this week to touch this build or my other 1/16th scale build due to working a bunch of hours. Hoping to have some updated pics soon. I will be mocking the draster up with all of the body parts to take to a show tomorrow as a underconstruction. Will try and get a pic or two of it like that to show it all together.

#45 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Here are some updated pics of the car mocked up to get an idea of what it will look like today. Hoping to get the decals laid down this week and ready for the final clear coats. Thanks for looking....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

If I had ten thumbs ,they'ld all be pointing up mate, She's a beaut

#47 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

Thank you brett. I am hoping to possible have this one completed in the next month or month and half or so. but I will try to hit my goal of having decals laid down and final clear coats by the end of next weekend.

#48 baddgass

baddgass

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

This is so clean. GREAT as all ways. Love all your piant jobs.

#49 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:33 AM

Thanks Derrick, My plan was to get my decals laid down this week so I cold clear again over the weekend but with the way work has been this week so far not sure if I will get getting to get that done....lol Nothing like an 18 hour day yesterday. I am whooped and need some model time .... :D

#50 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

Looking great, Chris!!

B)

#51 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Just some very Nice work. Love the paint.

#52 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hello All,

I haven't been able to work much on anything lately due to working 220 hours the past 3 weeks with work. I was finally able to take a little time tonight to work a little on my models and decided to get the decals on this project. Now I am ready for final clearing of the body and if I am lucky I will be clearing it next weekend.....keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for looking.

Posted Image

#53 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Chris..........Beautiful.......absolutely stunning.

#54 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Chris..........Beautiful.......absolutely stunning.

Thank you John! I didn't want to overdue it with decals but I needed just enough to bring it all together. I can't wait to get the last coats of clear and the final color sanding and rubbing it out. She will sure shine after that.

#55 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

:blink: <_<
Chris, to say that looks stunning, would be a most under rated thing of all to say......................IT'S ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPING STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS !!....
Now, get in and finish it....:) .......Please. ;) Great work mate, and yes....very clean.

#56 Mr Core

Mr Core

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Full Name:Cor

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

Even without the clear it looks absolutely B E A Utifull.
Can't wait to see this done. Big thumbs up <_<

#57 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

Greg...Thanks for the kind words. It's much appreciated. I just hope that I don't have to work next weekend so I can get this bad boy cleared. You don't know how bad I want to get this build completed as well as work on my funny car. I have had that itch so bad lately of wanting to work on my models. It sucks I haven't been able to in the past month cause of work :lol: anyway hoping things will slow down and go back to normal.

Mr. Core....Thanks, I had some dust in the clear where a few of the decals were going so I decided to try something different. I color sanded the whole model with 2000 grit paper to give a nice and smooth finish before apply the decals. Then I will go back and shoot another 3 or 4 coats of clear on it and it will get color sanded again and then polished out. This is the first time that I have laid decals down on clear that has been color sanded.

#58 baddgass

baddgass

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

:blink: :)
[color=".....................IT'S ABSOLUTELY JAW-DROPPING STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS !!....[/color][/color]

2X :lol: :lol: :lol:

#59 funhouse1

funhouse1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Full Name:Jack Logan

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

What an amazing job you did on this!! The paint is fantastic as is the rest.Just wow...

#60 hOLMS

hOLMS

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Holmes

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

I agree x100. What a beautiful build, finishing this one off is right around the corner and what a sight it will be (already is). Awesome man...just awesome!! Those rims set it off also, nothing but sweet. Great job Chris, my "Hats-off" to ya!!