#21 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thats so ugly it needs disposed of asap.

pack it up ( carefully ) and send it to me so I can give it a proper burial.

jk btw

Sad part is these decals are no longer avail unless you find someone who has an unused set avail

#22 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Sweet!!!!

#23 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Terry........you are right.......it is absolutely wrong.........it was built a few years back........that is when I really did not research very much.......I just used  parts from diffirent kits ........that looked like what I needed........believe me I have had ........allot of people point out my mistakes.......I`m not perfect but, I have really tried to research on my recent builds........I am thankful for the critics........It made me want to build more accurate.........but,like I said this build was built along time ago....... I just figured a few modelers would like to see "BeachCity" Corvette built.......  right after I built this a........a guy that works for Chip Foose  wanted to buy it for $500.00 0r trade for Foose die cast and a tour and meet Foose.........I guess I should have sold it?........but,now I`m stuck with a lemon .........maybe I should build it again? :)

John...don't you dare touch that model (smile).    Not only does it look terrific, it's a signpost along the way in your journey to becoming the terrific modeler you are today.   On my fotki site I have some models posted that I built as long as 47 years ago.  Lotsa mistakes in those!  But some of them are among the most popular (judged by page views and comments) on the whole site.  Not that I feel strongly about this or anything....  Best regards...TIM  

#24 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

John, I agree with Tim...leave it alone. We all have made mistakes...heaven knows I have made PLENTY of them.  Now that your skills both in building and researching are better, maybe one day you'll be inspired enough to build another more accurate one. If not...so be it!

And Tim...47 years ago??? Yikes!  Seriously though it's kinda cool that you still have pics of those early builds.

#25 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

John, I agree with Tim...leave it alone. We all have made mistakes...heaven knows I have made PLENTY of them.  Now that your skills both in building and researching are better, maybe one day you'll be inspired enough to build another more accurate one. If not...so be it!

And Tim...47 years ago??? Yikes!  Seriously though it's kinda cool that you still have pics of those early builds.

Terry....here is one....an Anglia Gasser completed in fall, 1966 with a Hemi from the Double Dragster, a front suspension from the AMT '55 Nomad Gasser version, and a one-piece liftoff front end.  Yes, that is a piece of the blue "Plexi" window material hanging down from its former location as the rear quarter window!  TIM DSC_0170-vi.jpg

#26 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

That Anglia kit was...and still is...a sonofagun to build wasn't it?  I have one going now that I kinda put away for a while to rest my wits!

#27 mmdm4

mmdm4

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Mason

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Excellent build, I was wondering where you got that driver figure? While on the subject of driver figures does anybody make a driver figure that would fit in a 1/18 scale fuel altered?

#28 Hondo

Hondo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Mullis

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Great job on the BCC roadster, John.

Love anything Pat Foster drove or built.

Nice work !!

#29 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Excellent build, I was wondering where you got that driver figure? While on the subject of driver figures does anybody make a driver figure that would fit in a 1/18 scale fuel altered?

Mark.........If I remember correctly.......... I either got it from Compition Resins or Slixx decals..........thanks

#30 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,361 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Outstanding build.....

#31 Builder

Builder

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:John Helm

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Excellent build.  

#32 fat50

fat50

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Traskos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'll just send ya my slicks and a 12 pack, send'em back when they're ready   LOL

Beautiful build

#33 Brudda

Brudda

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Tanaka

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just pure art! WOW!