#1 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

I haven’t finished anything recently, but thought I’d post something I did back in 1992. It’s the Fujimi M5:

Posted Image

First off, I converted the model to US Specifications including adding side marker lamps and center mounted stop lamp. The interior needed a lot of work to be corrected. Not really noticeable in the photos are the corrections to the dash controls. The seats were also corrected, including adding seat belts (I used clear plastic “stubs” for the shoulder belt and the super glued them once the interior was inserted. It’s impossible to notice unless you look very, very close. I also added swinging armrests which should be on the US car seats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got the arm rests from an extra Revell of Germany 750il I bought highly discounted from a store that was closing and moving out state (Washington to Florida).

Since I had the 750il, I decided to a little more. So here’s the surprise:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I chopped off the front end, added and adapted the 750il front frame to the car and then added a Fujimi M635 engine from an extra EM kit I also picked up from the same store. So now, instead of curbside, we have a full detail model.

The only thing I’d do differently today is add trim around the sunroof to make it look more realistic. But, that’s for another kit. All told, there was about 200 hours in the conversion and US spec’ing of this kit.