#281 keone2013

keone2013

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Full Name:Keone Lake

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Attempt #2 is coming back together, I just have the driver's side wall and floor to reglue in place:

HPIM1718.jpg

I'm making it stronger this time, using some extra bracing behind the walls and some five min epoxy to hold it all together. The Bondo work on the roof is done (I used enough hardener this time!!) and after the other wall and floor is on, I'm going to sand the rivets off to make everything smooth as most of the real ones are and more Bondo S&G putty to smooth everything together. Hopefully, the temps here are going to be in the low 60s by the end of the week, so I may have the truck in primer by this weekend!

What kind of body filler did you use?

#282 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Glad to hear this one will be getting attention again!

#283 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

What kind of body filler did you use?

Keone, sorry I didn't answer this much sooner, but the 1:1s and life have sort of kept me away from building and the forum for a while. If you notice in the post you quoted, I used regular Bondo for the big work and the touch up I used Bondo Spot and Glaze putty. The light colored is the regular Bondo and the dark red is the Bondo S&G putty. 

#284 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Glad to hear this one will be getting attention again!

Well Chuck, it did get a little attention! :lol:

This is by far not a major update, but an update and hopefully the first of many to come! As I was looking through some of my supplies and paints that have been in storage at a friend's house for nearly two years while life was getting the better of me, I stumbled across some flocking powders I had bought long ago at Michael's (Martha Stewart Powders IIRC) and found a nice Chestnut Brown powder. Then it hit me, that would be a perfect match for the interior colors I have already used in the truck! So now Thunderstuck has a nice carpet floor up front!

HPIM4748_zps8e87a69b.jpg

i'm still trying to get life back to normal and get my new model room set up between work and the two days a week I get home out of the truck now, but at least I'm getting life back to normal. I have some BIG plans in the ole noggin floating around, and now that I'm getting a little extra cash to play with, I'll be getting some of those plans in the mail. I'm going to keep you all in suspense what those plans are, but I will give a little teaser, I have a HUGE plan for under the hood! :o

#285 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Matt... PLEASE HURRY UP AND FINISH THIS!!!

Your cows are outside my door threatning me because I know you. They want me to ask you to finish it up so they can get MOOOOOvin'

#286 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Matt... PLEASE HURRY UP AND FINISH THIS!!!

Your cows are outside my door threatning me because I know you. They want me to ask you to finish it up so they can get MOOOOOvin'

HOLY COW BATMAN!! Maybe this is not a good time then to say that one of the possible surprises just might be a change in trailers!?!? :huh:  :blink:

#287 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:11 AM

Oh... Thanks... I'm a dead man...