#41 fseva

fseva

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Evans

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

Well, I will say that the problem should be addressed in some way. Whether it requires the mold be repaired or replaced. I'm just worried that if this becomes an issue where it cannot be fixed at a cost the company finds acceptable, that they might just truly scrap the molds where we'll never see the kit again. That would be a shame. 

If they won't spend the money to repair the tool, it would be a shame to scrap it, but in my corner, it would be better than buying a kit * I * have to scrap! ;)

#42 Robberbaron

Robberbaron

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Full Name:Robert J. Barron

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

Yea know, I find myself agreeing more and more with you "Snake." I have Exacto knives, sand paper, files, and Dreamel. Flash is not that big of a deal. And has always been part of modeling, as far back as I remember. And that's into the mid-60's modeling wise.
Scott

A disproportionate amount of the models that I built in the late 80s were Johan kits. By that time there was practically zero QC from that company. The result was sometimes entire parts trees that were flashed over.

Pretty much any modern kit isn't going to have any flash even approaching that, so I'm not phased at all by it. Maybe I'm weird that way. (OK, my wife will tell you I'm weird in many ways!) Anyways, I'd rather deal with flash than parts that are short shot - I still have vivid memories of sculpting putty to fill out the front fender of a short shot 64 Dodge body!

Edited by Robberbaron, 01 April 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#43 carnut

carnut

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Kerns

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:21 AM

I picked up this kit s couple of weeks ago. I worked on it while my club was running The Bob Paeth Classic Model Car Contest at the Portland Roadster Show.
It is a good kit to work on, You do have some cleanup mold lines, a little flash, not to be expected with a kit of this vintage, but we are model builders right?
I am building mine as a taildragger (love the white walls). You do need to pay some attention to the suspension to get it to look right, just take your time and enjoy the build.

#44 Sledsel

Sledsel

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Full Name:Andy

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

am I correct to believe this kit is being released under Stevens International and R2? Any differences if so?

#45 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,521 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

am I correct to believe this kit is being released under Stevens International and R2? Any differences if so?

That happened a few years ago.  The current issue is a Round 2 issue, I believe.

#46 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Full Name:Don Banes

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

The Stevens International reissue of the '37 Chev appeared in 2006.

#47 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

Round 2 hasn't done any "co-branded" releases with Stevens International, Model King, DTR, or anyone else since they leased (later bought) the AMT and MPC brands and tooling.  The last of those appeared in '07, though DTR is probably still selling off the ones they did.

#48 Sledsel

Sledsel

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Full Name:Andy

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Wow, just saw this thread was started in 2007. oops

#49 carrucha

carrucha

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Full Name:Hector Sanchez

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

I bought the Michael's reissue years ago and didn't notice it was missing the factory stock bench seat and tail lights.  Cool that Round 2 reissued it with all the factory stock parts included.  With these restored parts, cool retro box and decals, I am going to have pick up this latest reissue!

Edited by carrucha, 04 April 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#50 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

Got mine last night. I'm very happy with what I found when I opened the box. Everthing looks good. Mine has no flash. The dies are apparently in good shape or have been repaired. Love the tires. Nice set of 4 pad printed whitewalls and 2 white lettered slicks. Another great Round 2 re-release.

Scott

#51 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:57 AM

Got mine last night. I'm very happy with what I found when I opened the box. Everthing looks good. Mine has no flash. The dies are apparently in good shape or have been repaired. Love the tires. Nice set of 4 pad printed whitewalls and 2 white lettered slicks. Another great Round 2 re-release.

Scott

Hows the body-line detail on the hood? That's what was bad on my older kit. If that's been fixed, I'm gonna have to buy another.

#52 DaveM

DaveM

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Manley

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:20 AM

How are the decals?  I jut saw the '32 Vicky sheet and was impressed.  I am buying a Vicky, but I might have to add a '37 to my list if they have improved it.

#53 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hows the body-line detail on the hood? That's what was bad on my older kit. If that's been fixed, I'm gonna have to buy another.

I'm not sure on this one. Sitting here looking at mine, it looks okay. But not perfect. The left side seems to lineup better than the right. And that's with the two halves glued together.

Scott

#54 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

How are the decals?  I jut saw the '32 Vicky sheet and was impressed.  I am buying a Vicky, but I might have to add a '37 to my list if they have improved it.

The decal sheet in this kit is fun. It's large, with lots of great choices for names and car sponsorship. I like it. Hopefully someone who can post pictures of it here will do so.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58, 13 April 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#55 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

I'm not sure on this one. Sitting here looking at mine, it looks okay. But not perfect. The left side seems to lineup better than the right. And that's with the two halves glued together.
Scott

With a minimum amount of sanding on the underside of hood where it sits on the cowl, the fit is perfect. With the fit of the stock hood, and my memory of it in the past, I'm guessing Round 2 modified and fixed it. It did not fit this well on my cabriolet. Okay, but as good as on the new coupe reissue.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58, 11 April 2015 - 01:59 AM.

#56 oldscool

oldscool

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Goff

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

Just scored one from the local HL this morning.

Here's the decal sheet :

IMG_0898_zpshjbha8sm.jpg

Edited by oldscool, 11 April 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#57 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

Everything above the "STOVE BOLT SIX" decal is new. The rest was on my old reissue. They new decals look great though.

#58 Robberbaron

Robberbaron

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Full Name:Robert J. Barron

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

Just picked one of these up the other day with a HL 40% off. Never gotten any previous releases of these 37 Chevy kits, so this is my first exposure to this tooling. Very pleased with the contents - classic AMT Trophy series 3 in 1.

Box is quite jam-packed. As Round 2 has been doing on many of their kits lately, they include a conventional clear parts tree (Windows, headlights, clear hood), plus a duplicate molded in transparent orange. As others have stated, the finned Offenhauser valve cover for the Stovebolt 6 is especially nice. Also included is a dual carb intake and exhaust headers to replicate a mildly modified Stovebolt. The 427 can only be built one way, for the drag version - GMC blower, 2-piece headers, etc.

In regards to the decal sheet, I agree that it is very impressive. It might not be obvious upon seeing the picture that Oldscool posted, but that sheet covers the entire bottom of the box. One other thing to note: don't worry about the side panel note describing 2-piece drag slicks. As previously stated, the slicks are Round 2's new style pad-printed Goodyear Blue Streaks.

#59 Snake45

Snake45

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Full Name:Richard "Call Me Snake" Mesner

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

I have two previous issues on the pile, but might have to grab one of these just for that decal sheet. Impressive!