fseva

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Full Name:Frank E.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

To answer your question ....
Overall the flash is not bad at all , nor are the mold lines . With a little patience and some kit bashing , this kit produces an excellent build .

How does it build without kitbashing?

#62 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Unless my old brain is worse than I thought, the bottom part of the decal sheet is from a fairly recent reissue, and the upper part is mainly from the original release. A lot of them I've got in my stash but I had a bad habit of cutting individual decals out and packaging them in pairs before storing them in a safe dry environment. But it doesn't help me remember what kit they were originally from.

#63 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

How does it build without kitbashing?

Very well ! I , for one , can never seem to leave well enough alone .... Lol !

#64 Don Sikora II

Don Sikora II

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Unless my old brain is worse than I thought, the bottom part of the decal sheet is from a fairly recent reissue, and the upper part is mainly from the original release. A lot of them I've got in my stash but I had a bad habit of cutting individual decals out and packaging them in pairs before storing them in a safe dry environment. But it doesn't help me remember what kit they were originally from.

Pretty sure the bottom part of the sheet is from a 1969 (or thereabouts) reissue. The '69 box and decals served as the basis for the Stevens International issue of the '37 coupe about 10 years ago.