#21 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

I have one Jimmy Flintstone body. It's '60 Chevrolet Nomad. I have only the body, everything else comes from Revell '60 Impala kit. I think that body is very good, I mean high quality. No much airbubbles and that body seems to be just like '60 Nomad, one '60 Impala in the garage so I know how does it look like. That Jimmy's body is very close and when I did some test fit, '60 Impala's chassis will fit very well to the Nomad. Only the resin is always thick mold so when I open the hood, I must sand very much resin from the other side... I think that Impala's hood isn't perfect to it. Also have to sand resin from wheel wells. Interior is a bit of problem too... When I start this project, it will be hard!

#22 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 13 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

I have been looking at his products that are sold on Ebay and on his web site and he sure does offer some stuff that really appeals to me. The above mentioned '60 Nomad wagon, the '57 Ford wagon, the Dodge A100 pickup and van and a few others. I was going topost and ask for feedback as to the quality of the product but this thread has dispelled any doubt or concerns that I may have had. :lol: If nothing else, one should be able to build some nice curbside models if the work looks too difficult to really build a detailed model and for the price that he sells his car bodies for, it's still has to be a good deal. :rolleyes: I reckon I'll go ahead and place an order later this month for a couple of kits - and I see on his site that he has free shipping at this time for orders over $50.00 as long as the order is within the lower 48! You can't beat that! :lol: :D

#23 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

Yes, I have found some of James bodies a tad thick. But, then again, every body I have bought, only he offered that I could find and was not warped or damaged! I have found few imperfections too. I have the chopped dodge van in the waitings and I know that will make one killer vehicle. I have never bought his stuff elsewhere. I have always bought directly, quick turn around and he is always "padding" the order with something. So I always look forward to see what my surprise or surprises will be!There are few I have dealt with that have gone above and beyond. The other one is Ed Fluck. Unfortunatly I have not dealt with too many, so for the others, time hopefully will tell! LOL. Thanks.

#24 PlasticWagens

PlasticWagens

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Full Name:Matt Sheldon

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Jimmy is a stand up guy and I will take a thick non warped body that I can easily thin out within an hour over a body that i need to straighten and tweak for a week straight.

#25 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

i love flintstones cars ive built 3 with more on the way

#26 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Full Name:Jose Madera

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

i just started in resin casting, and it aint easy, not too much people do what jimmy does, and like i say, "something is better than nothing"

#27 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:51 AM

Have ya'all seen either the 1953 Ford Country Squire or his Sedan Delivery courier ? Great projects ! Ed Shaver

#28 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:41 AM

Have ya'all seen either the 1953 Ford Country Squire or his Sedan Delivery courier ? Great projects ! Ed Shaver

I believe I have seen the '53 Country Squire. I say "believe" because I can't imagine me seeing a Country Squire body and NOT picking it up... :lol: ;) I do have his '56 Ford Sedan Delivery, '49 Mercury cabover and '55-'57 Chevy Suburban bodies. They are well worth the money! I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the SD but the Merc cabover is going in front of a Racers Wedge body and will haul a '49 Merc Salt Flat Racer.

#29 LVZ2881

LVZ2881

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Location:Las Vegas,NV, but wishing i was home in salem, oregon

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

Jimmy has some cool stuff and a real stand up guy. I bought a chopped '49 Ford that as soon as I opened it saw the body was cracked. I emailed him and he sent a new body right away.

#30 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

I ordered a '51 Nash Rambler Sedan Delivery kit (along with a '51 Buick 'Chopperhead' body) a few months back, and got a bonus Big Boy figure as well! The kit came with two or three extra sets of grilles and headlamp bezels (a fact which saved my hiney later on), and two sets of vacuuformed windows. A few days later, another box showed up... it contained the chassis for the Nash, which he'd evidently forgotten to throw in with the rest! I didn't even notice it's omission (I'd planned to use my own chassis, anyway), and I didn't call or ask him about it... he just sent it along. Can't beat that kind of service!

#31 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Does anyone here know if Jimmy Flintstone sells parts for his resins? I have his '58 Chevy sedan delivery and I need an interior bucket - also have his '57 Ford wagon and an interior would be nice for that as well. In retrospect, I should have just bought the complete kits from him but it was an error in judgement on my part. I could always build them as curbsides and just put blacked out windows in them I guess.. but I'd like to do stock builds. I know that Modelhaus has the '57 Country Swuire as a kit with an interior but they don't offer an interior bucket as a stand alone. Any help will be appreciated.

#32 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I don't think so, but you could always e-mail him and ask.

#33 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'm not aware of Jim Flintstone ever doing interiors for these two. I have the 57 Ford and I guess it's scratch build time . Ed Shaver

#34 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks guys - I will email him on Monday. I was going to start working on the '58 but wanted to know about the interior but being the weekend, I figured I would ask here and someone wuld know the answer. I have seen the '58 on Ebay with the interior bucket, so I know that it can be had. The only thing I have been able to find is the Modelhaus for the '57 interior but you have to buy the whole '57 Country Squire kit to get it. I have a few new and junk '57's to draw the chassis and other pieces from but the interior bucket is kind of important, if you know what I mean. I believe that some guys have used the revell Ranchero for parts but I don't have any except for an unbuilt stock roof issue - before they screwed that mold up yet again.
So Ed, what do you have in mind for colours for your '57? I am leaning towards blue and white with a six cylinder just like my dad's '57 was that he bought brand new. I have seen one in green and white and it looked good but I want the same as I remeber from when I was a little guy. I remeber even at age six or seven, standing at the front window of our house and looking at Dad's wagon parked out on the street and liking the looks and colours of that car a lot. I guess the car bug has been with me for all of my life. the car was written off when dad had a front tire blow out and he went off the road and down an embankment in late '58 or early '59 because his next car was a '59 Chevy Brookwood four door wagon that in years to come, he would pass onto me. I traded it off for a 1960 Monarch Sceptre 2 door hardtop which I drove for about a year before selling it to buy Dad's '62 Fairlane 500. It turns out that my Monarch was one of only 54 that were produced in the Sceptre ( top of the line ) in a 2 door hardtop. *sighs* Talk about a very serious case of seller's remorse when I found that out many years after the fact. The last time that I saw my Monarch was several years after I sold it and it was sitting, abandoned in a field. :unsure: Oh well... :( :( :(

#35 jas1957

jas1957

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Full Name:John Strick

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Gary you mention about having to buy an entire Modelhaus kit just to get the interior. I would check with them about buying seperate parts from a kit. I have purchased parts from them that were not seperately listed.

#36 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Gary, I haven't really thought about color yet , it'll comre to me ............... Ed Shaver

#37 1272148

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Callon Roberts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I was thinking about buying some bodys from his site and some of the monster kits like the nitro bum, are his kits any good?

#38 falcon wagon

falcon wagon

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Full Name:Carl Moore

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have liked the ones I have

#39 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Everyone I bought were okay by me!! :D

#40 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Now I wasn't aware of Jimmy doing any monster bodies . His work is good and for the most part , reliable . Sure , there is some "Clean Up to do ". Still, I would buy most any Jim Flinstone body if it's something I can relate to.