#41 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,203 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

You'll need to do a bit more cleanup than, say, a Modelhaus piece, but they're very good quality, especially for the price.

#42 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

You can't beat the price on the Flintstone bodies and I have a few, although when I get to use them is another story. Jimmy's a good guy and has a lot of interesting bodies available. I might even see him at the club meeting tomorrow night.

#43 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Flintstone bodies might be a little thicker than some of the higher dollar kits, but they are good castings.

#44 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

The one and only thing I bought of his I was very disappointed in. The body was under scale and when I contacted them about it I pretty much got the brush off, I will think long and hard before I buy anything from them again.

#45 Bugace

Bugace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Full Name:Tor Henning Ertsland Engen

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Some of his stuff is betweene the very best, and some are not that great.
Most of his later additions to his list are very good, but some of his oldest stuff are not.

Generally I'm agree that You can't beat his quality when compared to price. I have several of his castings, and I'm going to buy more.

If You are going to buy from him, it might be faster to order from Model Empire. They have a big stock of his castings, and most often deliver faster then when You order directly.
This might be due too them beeing his biggest customer, and they are wall, to wall, knowing each other well. Prices are the same.

#46 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I buy 2 or 3 bodies from Jimmy every time I see him. His quality is good, his prices are very reasonable, and his offerings cover a wide spectrum of topics....'Z'

#47 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,861 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Plus, at the shows, he sells them for as cheap as 10 bucks a pop!!! Saw his IH delivery truck last sunday, it was only 30 bucks there, he said to use the 55/57 Chevy pick up frames to finish it. It was a VERY nice casting!!!

#48 1272148

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Callon Roberts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, how long does it take to get the kits from him (I am talking about older kits).

#49 Bugace

Bugace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Full Name:Tor Henning Ertsland Engen

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thanks, how long does it take to get the kits from him (I am talking about older kits).

Check with Model Empire. They probably have it in stock, and ship out fast. Flintstone might have to cast it first, then You might be finding Your self in a que.

#50 Dominik

Dominik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Full Name:Dominik Weitzer

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

You'll need to do a bit more cleanup than, say, a Modelhaus piece, but they're very good quality, especially for the price.

I agree.
Delivery when i ordered directly was about two weeks (!) over seas.

#51 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

I have a few Flintstone resin bodies that I have bought off of Ebay and they're pretty darned nice. His '60 Chevy sedan delivery and the '60 Impala wagon are not perfectly accurate but the quality is still good as far as appearance and outright quality goes. The sadan delivery has El Camino doors that whoever made the master never bothered to correct and the back end of the Nomad needs some imagination. I'm going to order a '60 Nomad from Tom Coolidge at Promolite given that he has fixed the booboo's and his a clone of the original Craftsman Nomad. I may try one of Jimmy's complete kits - maybe the '58 Chevy sedan delivery. I am never worried when I buy one of his products and i already have a sedan delivery body of his but I want one with the proper interior rather than one that I have to make from scratch. Just my opinion.

#52 VW Dave

VW Dave

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Full Name:Vee Doubleyou Dave

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

The one and only thing I bought of his I was very disappointed in. The body was under scale and when I contacted them about it I pretty much got the brush off, I will think long and hard before I buy anything from them again.

Underscale? I'm curious what body you bought.....

#53 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,203 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Steve Kohler at STAR Models also stocks Jimmy's stuff, and when you order from Steve you'll normally get your stuff within a week's time if he has it in stock.

#54 CemetaryAngel81

CemetaryAngel81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Full Name:Lorenzo Vargas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Now I wasn't aware of Jimmy doing any monster bodies . His work is good and for the most part , reliable . Sure , there is some "Clean Up to do ". Still, I would buy most any Jim Flinstone body if it's something I can relate to.

X2!!

#55 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Full Name:bob leverington

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

has anyone ordered from jimmy what is his service like very worried shopping online when i pay for something i like to have it in my hands

#56 azers

azers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Full Name:Joe l. Spitzer

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Jimmie has good stuff. I have built a few of his pieces. Some needed a little refining but built into nice examples.

#57 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

As far as the product or the person you have no reason to worry with Jimmy Flintstone. He's basically one of the founding fathers of the resin cast model car sector. And you don't get old by being a fool. ;) 

#58 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Jimmy is a great guy to deal with.

#59 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Jimmy is one of the few after market guys who knows how to do so as a real business with volume.  His bodies are low priced, and as such do need more clean up work than say a Modelhaus kit.  But it's all in the pricing.  As far as ordering from him, I'm sure you will be treated right!

BTW,  Jimmy Flintstone is a vendor at NNL East on April 20th!  See him there.

#60 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I hear Jimmy Flintstone bodies are extremely thick.  Never saw one, just heard it.