27 replies to this topic

#21 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

I have both here and looks like it will. Not sure why Jimmy's web site suggested the Revell kit unless that was the only available kit it would fit. Not much use to sell a resin body and suggest only "unobtanable" kits as a doner for parts! :blink:

You have it! this body fits the AMT release much better than the lRevell one, but at the time of its release, the Revell kit was the only kit that was available easily. thus the advice of the Revell kit even though everyone knew it would fit the AMT kit also (just in case you wanted to put it onto the '25 Roadster release)

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,997 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

The box art shows a pickup box and tailgate for a truck version. Are those parts included? Haven't seen them mentioned. I seem to remember an AMT Model T pickup sometime in the last 20 years or so...

#23 chebbysteve

chebbysteve

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Full Name:Steve York

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Yes, there is a stock pickup bed, and also a shortened pickup bed with cover for the rod version of the roadster. The tailgate fits either of these boxes. Also included is the turtle deck.

Edited by chebbysteve, 27 March 2010 - 11:31 AM.

#24 ChromeIt

ChromeIt

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Esser

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I used to build model cars way back in my youth (in the early 60's)

I recently retired, and have started building again.

Today I was in the local hobby shop, and saw a re-issue of one of the very first kits I ever built, the AMT double T kit - the one with the chopped top coupe.

Even the box art looks the same (unless my memory fails me), and I was very tempted to buy it - but...

I would like to build it as I did originally, which was pretty much the same as the picture on the box, I even had painted it a similar gold color and I did use the motorcycle-style fenders just as you see it in the picture.

Those fenders are also shown in the picture on the side of the box, but on the bottom of the box where it shows the outline of the parts I couldn't find them. The brackets for them are shown on the bottom, but I didn't see those fenders.

So my question is, can anyone confirm whether these fenders are still included in this kit?

Or in the "Tall T" double kit, for that matter.

Thanks

#25 JunkPile

JunkPile

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Saxton

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yes the fenders are there. Have fun!

#26 ChromeIt

ChromeIt

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Esser

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks.

I'll pick it up tomorrow.

#27 afxmustang

afxmustang

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Full Name:Karl Smalley

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

I have two AMT 1925 Model T kits with the chopped coupe body. One of them had an extra parts tree with a competition roadster body and other parts and some chrome moon discs. No mention of it in the instructions. The other kit did not have them. Has anyone else run into this?

#28 pharoah

pharoah

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Full Name:John Farrow

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Another kit  from my childhood. Picked one up a few months ago. Got the double 'T' kit with the unchopped roof too.  Great kits!