#41 outlaw035

outlaw035

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Full Name:neal

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

jairus...i drew the 48 ford woody...i know its not important cause u cant see it but i would like to know if the engine is a flathead or small block....thanks,,,neal

Posted Image

#42 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

jairus...i drew the 48 ford woody...i know its not important cause u cant see it but i would like to know if the engine is a flathead or small block....thanks,,,neal

Posted Image

Neal, there should have been a second attachment to the email that was sent to you. The Challenge introduction letter that everyone got has the '48 Woody 'Driftwood' at the top. The actual artwork that is in the envelope is the '41 Chevy Pickup the is shown below.

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

#43 outlaw035

outlaw035

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

fletch...glad i posted this ques didnt get a 2nd attachment...been trying to win the woody kit on ebay im high bidder right now if i win it can i do the wooddy??? thanks...neal

Edited by outlaw035, 04 April 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#44 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

What would have or could have been the motor in this purple ford I have here? I was thinking hemi, but maybe you can help Jairus? Jody

#45 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Both are good ideas. Dave, this is your horse to run, what do you think?

Drew :mellow:

I think Jairus' idea is pretty sound. On other forums that have a 'Community Build' section the members that are involved in the CBP post quick updates of their builds there, then post their in depth updates in separate threads in the 'On the Bench' section.

So if you all don't mind let's go ahead and start separate threads for the actual build-ups and use this thread for general conversation about the Challenge and quick updates. The idea of using the initials of JWAC or TJWAC are very valid and will make it easier to identify the threads that pertain to the Challenge.

For those who are interested in the Challenge keep in mind that this is still in effect a blind draw as to which drawing you will end up with. In stead of each of you being able to grab an envelope out of the stack, I'm doing it for you. That being said there are no guarantees regarding what piece of Jairus' Artwork you might end up with. It may be something right up your alley or it may be something that causes you to stretch your boundaries as a model builder. Also, if you would like to participate, please be so kind as to either email me or send me a PM. Just working through the PMs and emails of the past week I have not gotten any building done at all. I don't mean to be difficult but if you want to participate please make the effort to contact me do not expect me to make that effort for you. I don't mean to be the north end of a south bound horse but help me out here guys.

When you get the return email, there will be 2 attachments one will be a MS word Document which is the introduction letter to the Challenge. The Introduction letter is titled 'The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge - participant' There will be a second attachment that will be a .jpg file that will have the title of the piece of Jairus' artwork that is in the envelope that was drawn for you.

Thanks
Fletch

#46 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

I'm having technical difficulties getting an email or PM to you, Fletch - in your profile, email shows private, MSN I've tried, and got an error...I click on the names beside MSN & Yahoo and get an error message...I'm making an effort...even left a note on your profile here...I'm out of ideas...others obviously can get through to you, but I'm not making the connection! :mellow:

#47 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

I'm having technical difficulties getting an email or PM to you, Fletch - in your profile, email shows private, MSN I've tried, and got an error...I click on the names beside MSN & Yahoo and get an error message...I'm making an effort...even left a note on your profile here...I'm out of ideas...others obviously can get through to you, but I'm not making the connection! :mellow:

Tony, I will send you a PM via MCM forum of the car once Dave tells me what it is. I have 99% of the art here in my computer or in the drawer. Easy to scan and put them on my Fotki and post you a PM of the image. That work?

What would have or could have been the motor in this purple ford I have here? I was thinking hemi, but maybe you can help Jairus? Jody

Jody, the engine in the '53 Ford is whatever you want it to be! Hemi, Slant 6, Pinto 4 or 350 crate motor or flathead. The look here is what you are trying to attain. That would be the paint, detailing, wheel covers, stance, top chop (If that applies) are all the little details your build will be judged upon. That car could even be a curbside if you so choose, however if I had to say what was in Neil's pickup it would be a duel or triple carb straight six with a split exhaust manifold and duel exhaust. Speed parts can found in Galaxie's fine Chevrolet kits. :-)
In the 53 Ford lowrider.... a 1959 300 hp Thurderbird 352 Special V8 with three deuce carbs!

Jairus

Edited by Jairus, 04 April 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#48 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

Tony, found your message, for some odd reason the PM function does not work when trying to contact you. Anyway, you should have the Intro letter and drawing in your email inbox.

Fletch

#49 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

Fletch, do I have to email ya since we agreed with a build for me already on TRACK? Thanks. Jody

#50 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

Fletch, do I have to email ya since we agreed with a build for me already on TRACK? Thanks. Jody

No, we're good Jody, thanks for asking.

#51 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

That driftwood was the one I got in my email as well and I was looking for the dice lol. I also got a pic of a 37 ford truck rod. :blink:

#52 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

That driftwood was the one I got in my email as well and I was looking for the dice lol. I also got a pic of a 37 ford truck rod. :blink:

When you get the return email, there will be 2 attachments one will be a MS word Document which is the introduction letter to the Challenge. The Introduction letter is titled 'The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge - participant' There will be a second attachment that will be a .jpg file that will have the title of the piece of Jairus' artwork that is in the envelope that was drawn for you.

Thanks
Fletch

#53 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

There seems to be some confusion regarding the Introduction Letter. The artwork at the top of the Letter the 'Driftwood' rat woody IS NOTpart of the Challenge.

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

The 'Driftwood' rat Woody was build by Jairus a few years ago. With that in mind I felt it would be inappropriate to include it in the Challenge. So, it was chose as the artwork for the top of the letter. My apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

If you contacted me for an Introduction letter and artwork you should have gotten a return email with 2 files attached. Again, those would have been the Introduction letter and a separate .jpg file titled for the artwork that was drawn from the stack for you.

Again my apologies for any misunderstand over what artwork you should be focusing on.

Fletch

Edited by Fletch, 04 April 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#54 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

In a way I was dissapointed that I could not built the "driftwood" until I seen some of the prices lol and I begin to feel better about it. I did find the truck im building for about 6 bucks though.

#55 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

Thanks, Fletch! Got it! Thanks Jairus for the offer as well!

Here's the artwork I drew...titled "'60 Chevfin".

Jairus-If I can ask what the description read that would have gone with the artwork. The changes are subtle, and I love it!!

Posted Image

Edited by Tony T, 05 April 2010 - 04:31 AM.

#56 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:26 AM

With a year to build I want in! I will not be able to attend so I'll be happy with more info I'll send a PM.

#57 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

Jairus-If I can ask what the description read that would have gone with the artwork. The changes are subtle, and I love it!!

Tony, Here is the copy as sent to SAE and published in Oct 03:

Chevrolet Impala by Revell/Monogram is a beautiful kit with tons of detail and crisp molding. I have slammed it to the ground on a set of wheels from the Revell kit the “Sidewinder” pickup. All badging is removed and paint is a glossy Maroon with a white/ivory roof and “contrail” inset. Taillights are replaced with 6 1959 Cadillac bullet lenses, which can be found in a variety of places: Old releases of AMT ’57 Ford, R/M 1959 Cadillac (big surprise), AMT re-release ’64 Mercury Maruder kit as optional custom parts.

#58 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

Awesome, thanks, Jairus! Much appreciated. I just ordered the Revell 2 in 1 '60 Chevy from my LHS! Now, to find the rest of the parts (wheels and taillights), and think about an appropriate power plant!!

Anyone have a set of Revell "Sidewinder" wheels they might like to make a trade for?:lol:

Edited by Tony T, 05 April 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#59 outlaw035

outlaw035

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

jairus...ok im doing the purple 41 chevy pickup...its against my religion to put a 6 banger in most anything but im gonna give it a shot....lol....i do have a ques...can u plz tell me what those hub caps are off of i dont have a clue thanks...neal

#60 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Weeeellll... those are Olds "Festia" caps...

... and they are only found in the last two releases of the Revell 1959 Galaxie Skyliner kit. I would think someone out there in TV land might have an extra set, or else you could simply use some alternative wheel cover.

Here is a set of them on a little rod I was building a while back.
Posted Image

Edited by Jairus, 05 April 2010 - 11:01 AM.