Would you like to see Revell reissue 1/16 tractor trailers?

• You cannot reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic

#21 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

The Pete, Aerodyne KW and the Flatbed trailer have been re-issued several times since its original release, several times in North America, several times in Germany. I can’t remember that the low KW sleeper has ever been reissued.

The last I ever remember seeing these kits was 20 years ago here in the states. That was in 1988, the ones Casey posted this pic with in his thread:

Posted Image

I had the blue one and the flatbed as a teenager and lost it in a house fire in 1997, and have been trying to replace it ever since, but can NOT pay the huge $250-$500 prices I have seen these sell for on ebay! Even kits with no frames and missing half the kit sell for over $100-$150, but they also do me no good. That is why I started this thread to see if they could be reissued. I know Revell still must have some of these old molds, about a year or two ago Revell AG reissued another of my old favorites that I was trying to replace from the fire, this 1/87 Scale train that was an old Monogram snap kit.

Posted Image

This is another I had not seen for oveer 20 years!

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support.

#22 Mike W.

Mike W.

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Please add my name to the list! I'd love to have the KW Aerodyne and actually bid on one not too long ago but, of course, got out bid. If they were re-issued, I'd get all three tractors and a trailer for each.

Mike Winn
Albuquerque, NM

#23 buc378

buc378

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Full Name:ron

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

i sure would grab one each.had the pete and the kw when i was 13. i is ashamed to say that they both fell pray to the 4th of july and bottle rockets.

ronald steiner
sulphur,La.

#24 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

So, Matt, what's the status on this? Did you ever send that letter? If you did, what sort of a response did you get?

#25 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

So, Matt, what's the status on this? Did you ever send that letter? If you did, what sort of a response did you get?

Thanks Jim for bringing this topic back up, because the status is, uh, I forgot about it! :lol: :) I will see how many names I've got to add to it, and since this has been unburied, maybe a few more names can be added to the list! I also have this posted on the SA site as well, I'll have to see how many names I got from there as well, and maybe revive it there to see if any more will add on there, too. Thanks again, Jim, and I'll give everyone an update by this weekend.

#26 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

I kind of thought that's what happened.

#27 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

Don't forget the Fruehauf trailer when you request NEW model 1/16th scale kits!

Posted Image

#28 Mopar - D

Mopar - D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Slade

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

I missed out on building one of these durn my abstanse building models so Put me on the list to.
Dan Slade
Houston Tx.

#29 dad vader

dad vader

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Full Name:richard

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

Add my name as well.
Richard Markle
Valparaiso Indiana

#30 icedragon

icedragon

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Rich

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

I missed out on them as well

Add me

Richard Esposito
New Britain CT

#31 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:29 AM

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at one of the Kenworths, I just don't know where I'd put it!

#32 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

Add me too!

#33 MICHAEL COLE

MICHAEL COLE

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Full Name:mike cole

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

wow,the flatbed looks just like the amt 1/25 scale kit. MICHAEL COLE, gadsden alabama.

#34 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Don't forget the Fruehauf trailer when you request NEW model 1/16th scale kits!

Posted Image

I was going to include the trailer, too, Chucky. I forgot to mention that in the first post of the thread, but did say I would include the trailer in post #18. After all, if this works, what good are the trucks with no trailer for them to pull! ;)

#35 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

wow,the flatbed looks just like the amt 1/25 scale kit. MICHAEL COLE, gadsden alabama.

You're correct, Michael, it is just like AMT's 1/25, and that's because both are Freuhaufs.

Thank you to everyone that has added their names, and since Jim put some new life in the old thread, thanks again Jim, maybe we'll get even more names!

#36 fleetsailor1981

fleetsailor1981

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

Add my name to the list Thanks Gregg Mundkowsky

#37 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

The AMT and Monogram trailers are excellent representatives of 1970s Fruehauf subjects, the Monogram being a newer style. The difference between the two is that the AMT kit has a sliding suspension carriage and the the Monogram kit has a more heavy duty non adjustable suspension. Both are blueprint accurate. My only beef with the Monogram kit is that it is a scale 38 feet. I would have preferred it to be a scale 45 feet.

When the 1/16th scale kits were being reissued in the early 1990s, the trailer was more common at the hobby shops. Now the trailer has become some what of a rarity. I agree, after completing the trailer, where would you display it? It's over 2 feet long!

#38 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Add me to the list as well, I'd love to see one of these monsters again!

Chris Eddy
Anderson, IN

#39 ZIL 111V

ZIL 111V

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Full Name:P.GILL

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Really outstanding kits, typical of Monogram back then: easy to build & very life like when completed..the boxtop pictures were really stunning :1980 Pete 359, 1981 KW W900, 1982 KW W900 Aerodyne + Flatbed trl ...'82 or '83.
Still remember when I bought my "Giant" Pete 359 kit back in 1980 at local K-Mart for $15.99.

The W900 Aerodyne & Fruhauf Flatbed both last reissued back in 1995 in Rev/Mon SSP program...at pretty reasonable prices back then.

All the 3; 1/16th scale Tractors + the flatbed trailer, were also reissued by Revell AG (Germany) for Euro market with totally different boxes & (cheesy!)decals back in the late 90's.

...Pete 359 in original 1980 box/yellow version would also be nice :D

#40 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

I only wish the Pete had two air cleaners, and winslow stripes. and wouldn't Peterbilt 362 coe be cool!