4 replies to this topic

#1 falcongeorge

falcongeorge

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I need an extra paystar grill. Doesn't need to be in great shape, as I will be stripping the chrome,discarding the lettering across the top, just cutting off the top and bottom, and glueing them together. Anyone have an old one in their parts box they are willing to part with?

#2 cargostar

cargostar

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

I should have one...somewhere....let me look.

#3 falcongeorge

falcongeorge

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

I should have one...somewhere....let me look.

Any luck on info on the fiberglass hood paystar? Thats what I need the extra grill for, to make the extra little piece at the bottom. Heres a rough guess on where I am gonna have to cut. Also have to saw the front fenders off and add a pie-shaped piece to the inside to bring the width back.

Attached Files

#4 cargostar

cargostar

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

I've looked at the literature, but, I haven't had a chance to scan it. I can tell you that it doesn't have many hood dimensions. It has some pictures, that you can guesstimate from. I'll try to get it scanned tomorrow. I do have an extra grill. Drop me a pm with your address, and I'll drop it in the mail.

#5 falcongeorge

falcongeorge

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

I've looked at the literature, but, I haven't had a chance to scan it. I can tell you that it doesn't have many hood dimensions. It has some pictures, that you can guesstimate from. I'll try to get it scanned tomorrow. I do have an extra grill. Drop me a pm with your address, and I'll drop it in the mail.

Anything you can send is great. The contour on the upper edge of the hood that starts about a foot in front of the cab and dips inwards is where I really need more pics/info. I think I can pretty well eyeball how much to narrow it by working backwards from the grill width. I will pm you my info. I am looking forward to taking a run at this, already have a plan formulated in my mind, hopefully I can pull off something that looks pretty decent.