"The Wraith" Corvette
Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:18 AM
Heres some pics of what im working on.
Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:42 AM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:45 AM
Testors also made a 1980 Corvette that has the correct front fender turn signal,
but this appears to me as if it is a modified snap kit and is not very well detailed. The rear bumper appears to be a 83 to 87-88 Vette rear bumper, and the front fender turn signals could also be used from that era Vette. The headlights could be sourced from a 77-78 Trans Am. The rear spoiler appears to me like it may be a 82 to 89 Trans Am (like KITT from Knight Rider) rear spoiler.
Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:15 PM
interceptor-corvette023.jpg 89.2K 6 downloads
Here are the suggestions I made in your other thread about this car:
From what I can tell, here's what you're going to need to pull this off:
1) AMT Eckler's Corvette for front fender flares (slight modifications needed) and headlight buckets.
2) 1980-1982 MPC Corvette for the nose piece. The Dragon Vette, which MPC labels as a 1982, will have this as well as the rear window louvers.
3) The rear end cap is definitely from a C4 ('84-96). MPC made a bunch of them and they're generally fairly cheap, so finding a match for this shouldn't be difficult.
4) Rear spoiler could probably be made from the one in the '69 Cougar, or make it yourself (huge sag in middle optional)
5) You're on you own when it comes to the hood. Maybe one of the resin casters has one.