Fox Chassis (Ford) community build anyone?

• You cannot reply to this topic
913 replies to this topic

#121 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

My builds, but not for this build...just thought I'd share my T-Bird Pro-Street and Mark VII LSC custom. The T-Bird is on the Mark VII chassis, and vis versa. I built the Mark VII to replicate a (I thik) Brad Leisure drawing, and then used the left over T-Bird body & Lincoln Pro Street chassis. Pictures were just quickly done to share here on a whim!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:blink:

#122 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:55 AM

Interesting conversions there Tony! I can honestly say popping the hood on a MarkVII and seeing a 2.3T would definately throw me!

#123 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image
Getting some work done on the rear end. Took a spare unit and cut it up for the parts I would need to detail out the rear going into the build. Shaved the rear diff cover off the usable rear to make way for the modded cover from the spare rear, and got the Lower Control arms cut, shaped, and fit to the kit rear. Doesn't seem like a lot of work until you are deep into it wondering if you have gone mad (I do believe I have, but that is another story). So now I am test fitting the LCAs to the modified rear (opened up the LCA mounting brackets to fit the modded LCAs into). Yes, the back of the brackets will be closed back up and the shock mount made and installed.
Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image

#124 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Also started modding the pan to create the double-sump FOX pan for the 302.
Posted Image, Posted Image,
Scrapped the junk kit carb and intake for better units
Posted Image, Posted Image

Edited by whale392, 14 May 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#125 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Working the interior for better wheel/tire fitment.
Posted Image, Posted Image, Posted Image
Got the car sitting better and the seats you see in the interior now are later GT seats that will be cut down into low-back buckets with the seat belt loops under the headrests.

Edited by whale392, 14 May 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#126 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Also got the headlights (bulbs anyway) situated in their buckets.
Posted Image, Posted Image
Yes, the pins will be cut down, but only after they are chucked in my dremel and polished/tinted with white paint to simulate headlight bulbs/filiments.

#127 Eric Stone

Eric Stone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Full Name::emaN lluF

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

Looking good, Bradley! Glad to see someone is getting some work don on this thread.... :D ...because I'm not. I need to decide which project I'm going to concentrate on, and go with it. I'd had modeling ADD lately, and have been doing just a little bit to several things, mostly sanding tires and mold lines.

#128 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

I know the feeling Eric; I have been working on this one, a 1937 Ford truck, a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and even a little more on my Kenworth. I even dug out the AE86 Levin I had started ans stripped the hood back to bare plastic..........and all of this was just in the last 3 days!

#129 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

Looking good, Bradley! Glad to see someone is getting some work don on this thread.... B) ...because I'm not. I need to decide which project I'm going to concentrate on, and go with it. I'd had modeling ADD lately, and have been doing just a little bit to several things, mostly sanding tires and mold lines.

I know the feeling Eric; I have been working on this one, a 1937 Ford truck, a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and even a little more on my Kenworth. I even dug out the AE86 Levin I had started ans stripped the hood back to bare plastic..........and all of this was just in the last 3 days!

I know the feeling too, Eric. I have three builds going on like Bradley, my T-bird for this one, a highly custom Ford tractor trailer, and a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am, all for community builds, two of which are on the "other" site. Of course, since I have to spray paint outside, the weather has been playing with me, too. It's either not been warm enough, too windy, or raining! The one nice day I had last week, my 1:1 decided that would be a nice day to replace it's gremlin possessed power steering pump. Believe me, an almost 6,000 pound 1990 Ford F350 4x4 is NOT fun to drive when it suddenly wants to steer itself!!Since the weather is FINALLY nice and I don't have to work on the real truck, maybe I can have an update by the end of the weekend, off to the model cave I go!!!

#130 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

I paint outside as well, and this weekend (for me anyway...Wed, Thu, Fri) was very nice for that. Time limited sucks!

#131 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Fixed the front bumper...
Posted Image
Well, sort of! Posted Image

Got a little done on the hatch, then I realized it needs to be an Automatic...
Hmm.. How to proceed?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Mike; glad you can use the body, and the Green paint was automotive paint (I believe yellow-can Easy-Off oven cleaner will remove it). My own GT conversion is waiting in the wings for me to finish up some other projects and for some other parts to show up.

Jason, the Coupe is looking good and coming along nicely. What color is it going to be?

I have nothing really to add to my own build, as I have been in Columbus for my weekend and have got nothing done on any of my builds!

#133 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:27 AM

The hardest part of making the center console automatic selector would be the gear selector base (as it is grooved for the shifter stalk and has the clear gear indicator). Not oo hard though; I would imagine some .020" styrene and some crafting could get you a feasable unit.

#134 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

The Actual car had an aftermarket shifter...

Posted Image

#135 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

Heck Jason, if you could cast a resin cowl hood for a Fox, you should have NO trouble with an automatic conversion! :)

#136 Eric Stone

Eric Stone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Anybody have any idea why the MPC "Wild Breed" '81 Cobra has a badge molded in on the side of the body that says "SS"...??

Just got this one in from eBay. I think it'll end up being an '82 GT.

#137 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Eric, you are partly correct. The 1981 'Wild Breed' kit was to be the 1982 GT, but Ford had not settled on the GT nameplate when the kit was prototyped. One of the pics from Ford that MPC used for the mock-up and test shots carried the SS badge, and even though the real car became the GT, it was too late to correct the model.

Speaking of, has anybody gotton anywhere with their started builds lately? No? Well, me either; but this weekend is looking good. Pics to come.

vvv Mark and I must have been typing at the same time!! vvv

Edited by whale392, 26 May 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#138 Eric Stone

Eric Stone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

I guess I should try casting a copy of the 5.0 badge on the 89 'vert body with foil and CA glue, or I may have to go after the photoetched detail set that has the 5.0 badges...

And then there's the annoying fact that the MPC kits expect everyone to use side pipes with the V8... So I'll need to build a Y pipe to use with the 4 cylinder's stock exhaust, or upgrade to duals with the 87/88 exhaust.

#139 Mark Brown

Mark Brown

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Full Name:Mark

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:17 AM

Anybody have any idea why the MPC "Wild Breed" '81 Cobra has a badge molded in on the side of the body that says "SS"...??

Just got this one in from eBay. I think it'll end up being an '82 GT.

I always though it was to compete with the infamous Camaro Cobra! B)

#140 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

I took a look at all the red plastic in my two builds, and put them aside again!!:lol:
I think I'll start with the race car...or maybe the SVO...:lol: