Model Cars Magazine Forum

My E-Bay Score today

Nice score! That's a really great price, IIRC less then half it's MSRP.

I've read that that is a REAL hard kit to build up, pateince testing kind of build. But I think that was for the 1/25 version. I forget.

The AM Corvette Grand Sport is high on my most wanted list. I know they are available now, but I just can't find one. I had a Matchbox of it when I was real young and I want to build it.

It says 1/24 scale on the box, so unless someone slipped an MPC version inside it's 1/24. Have fun w/it! From everything I hear it's a bear to build it with all the vinyl gizmos the kit has and get all the body panels in place. Of course there are people on various boards who have built it that can help you out w/tips for exactly what to look out for, as it can be built very nicely.

It says 1/24 scale on the box, so unless someone slipped an MPC version inside it's 1/24. Have fun w/it! From everything I hear it's a bear to build it with all the vinyl gizmos the kit has and get all the body panels in place. Of course there are people on various boards who have built it that can help you out w/tips for exactly what to look out for, as it can be built very nicely.

Bob: You're right...a typo on my part....too much adrenalin rush I guess! I've seen some of the reviews etc and yes it looks like it can be a daunting kit. I look forward to additional tips from the folks here as I get into this one.

That's not a racer that I would usually purchase for mysefl, BUT!.That's one cool looking race car, and 1/20th scale!.Nice find :)

Yates

That's a 1/24th kit. The 1/20th is an old MPC (I think) kit from back in the 70s. This is a much more complex and detailed kit.

Like others, I've read that it's a rather difficult build. But I spose if ya takes yer time and does a lotta preliminary fitting....

Well, I'd love to see a step-by-step photo essay on its build-up.