#1 arick

arick

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Gonder

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

As some of you may know, Dan at Scalemotorcars purchased an 8th scale 71 Barracuda master and assorted components about one year ago. Several members from this site and from SMC invested in the project but unfortunatly, it stalled.

I'm pleased to announce that TDR Innovations is now the sole owner of this project. We aquired everything from Dan and we're currently in the process of working the master to the point where it will be suitable for casting in fibreglass. In addition we are creating an interior tub and other important components. This is a long and involved process and we cannot at this time make any promise as to when the body will be in production.

When we start producing bodies, our first priority will be to satisfy the original investors. Once that is accomplished, the body will be announced and offered for sale. If you are an original investor, please contact us at tdr.innovations@gmail.com.

We will be posting updates here as the project progresses.

#2 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

Rick, thank you for bringing new life to one of my favorite scales.
I am here to help in any way I can.

Mahalo nui loa....

#3 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Full Name:Roger

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Wow!
Can not wait to see one!

#4 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

Wow!
Can not wait to see one!

+1. Would go nice with the 1/8 TDR hemi engine!

#5 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

Guys, as Rick mentioned in his opening post this car has been in limbo for quite a while. TDR doesn't ordinarily reveal new products until they are a bit further along, however being we didn't start this project there has already been a lot of chatter about it, especially from folks wondering if was was ever going to materialize.

Rather than try to answer all the emails we get privately we've decided to do a thread that you folks may find interesting and show it's progress as it becomes a product that will be available to you fellow modelers.

As Rick stated, the original investors will be taken care of first (no exceptions). TDR does not accept pre-orders or gather waiting lists.
I'll start posting pictures and show it's progress here.....please feel free to comment, ask questions etc. in this thread. Rick and I will do our best to answer any questions retaliative to the car.

It's as close are we are going to be able to get to a "true 1971" muscle car.

Apologies to Harry....it's not a Super Bird!
It should really excite you large scale Mopar guys, finally a big Mopar with some goodies to go along with it. As you know, TDR doesn't settle for close enough or it's just a model....well enough babbling, I'll get some photos loaded and show you guys where it's at. :)

#6 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

I shot these pics on the hood of my full size pickup....should give you a pretty good idea of how big it really is. These are photos of the master in progress. More later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Looks Fantastic!!

Now I wonder how you guys can get the shape of the 'Cuda correct, but not Revell?? :)

#8 MADD FABRICATOR

MADD FABRICATOR

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Zimmerman

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Because we are TDR and we have no restraints on our " get it right if at all possible " attitude. Our operation isn't overseen by bean counters ( LOL ).
CHEERZZZZ !!!!!! MADD FABRICATOR

#9 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,972 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Is this going to be a complete kit?

#10 arick

arick

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Gonder

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Casey, eventually there may be a complete kit but the first offering will be just a body. TDR already has a Pro Street chassis that will work under this body. We also already have several engine/trans/rear end kits along with wheels and tires. You can find these items now on our website at www.tdrcatalog.com.

#11 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

We will more than likely offer it as a just the body at first for the guys that want to build pro street or an all out gas car.
However as time allows we will be adding many more parts to complement it.
As Rick said, we already have the correct engine in our catalog and masters for the dash board, wheels, steering wheel, stock buckets, front grille, rear seat, inner door panels are close to done. I'll be posting pics of those items soon, but they aren't going into production yet.

For the time being it will just the body and perhaps a few trim parts......we'll see how it goes before committing to a multi-media kit.

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk, 27 April 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#12 lizardlust

lizardlust

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

THAAAAAANNNNNKS, guys - I've just soiled myself!!!!

(are first-born children acceptable as partial payments?!??) B) :D

#13 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Here's a sneak peek at the grille & dash board. I have some final tweaking and fitting to do but until I get a glass body cast to fit them to they are on the back burner.
Just thought you guys might like to see what I meant when I said we will be adding parts as time allows.
More pics tomorrow.....the old orbs are getting tired.

I had to chuckle a while back when someone asked if we were trying to replace resin casters with the RP stuff we do......obviously not, LOL
This car will have a fiberglass body, cast resin parts and whatever other medium we find that works while holding the amount of detail TDR requires before we put it on the market.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

Along with the parts I got with the original master there were some other goodies already started.....I'll be tweaking this 426 for casting in resin.......why you may ask?
Because as sweet as it is the TDR RP version of the 426 is simply not within the grasp of many modelers, especially when combined with the cost of the body. Some folks just can't afford the price of admission, that's understood. TDR is all about promoting large scale by providing a high level of detail at the lowest price possible. This engine will be cast in resin and available only as part of a future "starter kit" along with the Cuda body. There is much more work to be done before it's ready but it's well on it's way.

The TDR 426 is the way to go for you guys that have the means and skill to build at that level, this engine is for the guys that really want one that has more detail than the run of the mill stuff and doesn't require all the fiddly finishing. It will be a bare bones high quality resin engine specific to this Cuda. As a side note it is a drop in as far as fitting goes with a stock Cuda K-member (yes I have one of those too, pics of the K-member to follow soon). Note that it has motor mounts to make attaching it to the cross member fool proof.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Rick R

Rick R

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Rothermel

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

I was wondering if a few things will be offered... I'm stoked about this product line, it has great potential

'70 grille/headlights... much more attractive than the '71, IMO!

Pro-touring chassis components... Pro Street is so 1988!

Wedge engine assemblies... not everyone needs a Hemi!

Financing!

Edited by Rick R, 28 April 2010 - 06:10 AM.

#16 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

I was wondering if a few things will be offered... I'm stoked about this product line, it has great potential

'70 grille/headlights... much more attractive than the '71, IMO!

Pro-touring chassis components... Pro Street is so 1988!

Wedge engine assemblies... not everyone needs a Hemi!

Financing!

Good question Rick R.
You're in luck, I agree pro-street isn't everyone's cup of tea, neither are funny cars etc.
Personally I'm an old school gasser guy. Bear with me, there will be more photos coming of a number of stock parts and I won't be using the "factory" tack on front fender gills or the rear spoiler specific to the Hemi Cuda. The '70 grille with 2 headlights rather than the four on the '71 is in the think tank. Same with the tail lights as the bodies are virtually the same. Here's a pic of the Sox & Martin '70 cuda.

Eventually I'll probably do a stock or the dual scoop hood rather the the shaker and if you get enough guys to bug TDR you may be able to convince them to do a 440,383 or 340.

Posted Image

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk, 28 April 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#17 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

Here's a couple of pics of the stock front 426 K-member.
Bottom side
Posted Image

The resin 426 will sit on these pads
Posted Image

#18 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

Hey gang, for those of you following this thread, I'd like to pass on a little info to you. I been asked several times why we choose to go with fiberglass rather than resin for the body and some of the parts. It certainly isn't the quickest way to produce a number of bodies.
I'm going to turn these questions over to the Madd Fabricator (my glass mentor), he been doing bodies this way longer than I have and can give you more info than I can.
I've been sold on glass for large bodies since I first laid hands on some of his Willy's parts, anyhow I'll turn this area over to him as I'm sure he will be able to answer any questions that pop up far better than I could.

#19 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

simply awesome!!!!!!!!!

#20 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana