Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Ford Torino "Boss 429" Fastback

Car Crazy 81

Heres a project that i'd started on over the weekend just for kicks. Im planning on going with a Boss 429 ci engine under the hood to replace the kits 428 ci CJ engine which is gonna be used in something else and give this Torino the pro-touring look but not sure yet i'll wind up changing things over as it progresses.

ModelCars004-2.jpg

ModelCars003-1.jpg

ModelCars005-2.jpg

I did something similar a few years back- sorry for the crappy pictures!

IMG_0783-vi.jpg

IMG_0785-vi.jpg

This is the AMT kit. My next one will be a Talladega, and hopefully a much better build with much better pictures.

I have no idea why Ford never offered the Boss 429 in the Torino chassis- seemed like it would have been a no-brainer for NASCAR, and would've given Ford a contender to go against the midsize Hemi Mopars.

Edited by Chuck Most

Didn't Ford run the 429s in Nascar? I read somewhere they did and somewhere they didn't. It was the whole reason for the 429 Boss Mustangs. And what was up with Dodge being able to run dual carbs on those hemis? Wierd rules back then (if I am remembering correctly)...

Jairus did a nice supercharged pro stock Talladega that is in the drawing board section! I have plans for a Land Speed Talladega as well, somewhere... :o

Didn't Ford run the 429s in Nascar? I read somewhere they did and somewhere they didn't.

They did run 429s in Nascar! I have one of the Polar Lights Torinos and it has the 427 AND 429 in the kit to build either version.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres where im at so far into this build i'd got the body in primer,mini tubbed the rear in order to fit those wide Mickey Thompsons on Centerlines going a little old school on this one i'd dropped the pro-touring idea im going with the street machine look.

1969FordTorinoTalladegaFastback.jpg

1969FordTorinoTalladegaFastback2.jpg