• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

These are a couple WIPs that I started about a year or two ago, and haven't done much with since. The first is an AMT Dodge Dually with the Open Road camper, and the second is another AMT Dodge Dually that I got from a friend that he got from a friend of ours who had lengthened the frame on for some reason. He added a part of the frame from another dually kit, and I found it worked nicely under AMT's Racers Wedge. I have to widen the wedge so it fits over the dual wheels and make some filler panels for the wheel arches. I also need to modify the front panel of the wedge to fit down over the Dodge frame. I'm planning on making the trucks match and add a race car of some sort to make it somewhat of a weekend style race team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Some good looking trucks.
For the Wedge, you can just close up the dual axle opening and make a fender flare.
Or maybe extend the chassis to the rear of the opening and close up the front part,
Or
Or
Maybe
Dual Duellies? B)
I may have a extra set of rear Dodge duallie wheels (not chrome tho)
I'll find out tomorrow.
RTV is curing ;)

#3 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Some good looking trucks.
For the Wedge, you can just close up the dual axle opening and make a fender flare.
Or maybe extend the chassis to the rear of the opening and close up the front part,
Or
Or
Maybe
Dual Duellies? ;)
I may have a extra set of rear Dodge duallie wheels (not chrome tho)
I'll find out tomorrow.
RTV is curing ;)

Thanks, Rodney! I'm thinking of just closing the opening and making it a single wheel opening. I was thinking a dual dually, but my friend is already building a wedge like that, and if I'd do the same, he'd say "You stole my idea"!! B) In fact, that's how I got the Dodge for the wedge, I gave him an old 1:32 scale frame from a Peterbilt for his double dually wedge and he gave me the Dodge!