Model Cars Magazine Forum

My auto art...

Darin Bastedo

Some of these are full on finished works, some of these are sketches. You should be able to tell the difference (I hope) The finished stuff was usually drawn for a purpose, where the sketches are more of me thinking out loud with a pencil or colored pencils.

I did this one because i had an Idea of dropping a Honda S2000 drivetrain in a Track roadster

honda20Track20roadster2_psd-vi.jpg

This one I did for Corvette fever magazine in 1995. I had peek at a 1997 Vette, but no camara. As you can see I came pretty close considering the prototype I saw was a year and a half from production.

C5Sketch-vi.jpg

Here is a early concept drawing for a model I should have in progress soon. It will look almost nothing like this, but the attitude will be the same, as will the chrome side scoops.

tomcat4_psd-vi.jpg

Tomcat_psd-vi.jpg

This is an Update of the "California Kid" I like to call it the "Carolina Kid" as I lived in NC at the time. This was painted in Photoshop from a pencil sketch.

carolinakid-vi.jpg

Someday I will build a model of this Prowler Woody...

ProwlerWoody-vi.jpg

Just playing with stance...

RatRod-vi.jpg

I must have a thing for pink custom Mopars...

pinkcar-vi.jpg

...I'll end this post here so it will open sometime this year for dial up...stay tuned for part two...

• 2 weeks later...