'69 AMC AMX Drag On Lady
Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:12 AM
Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:28 PM
Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:20 AM
Here it is, original figure in pieces...
Now it looks better.
Test fit. It's quite good, I think.
Feel free for comments...
Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:20 PM
i am really digging on your work dude!
i have wanted one of those kits for a long time, now i will know what to expect "when" i get it!
thank you Nikko!
Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:01 AM
Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:01 AM
Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:48 AM
Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:05 AM
Niko, a suggestion and a bit of constructive criticism ... tone down Shirley's eyes! She looks like she's scared to death!
Oh yes, now when you said it, I think so too! I must do something to it, thank you for that note!
Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:29 PM
I thought Shirley had dark hair.
Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:41 AM
Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:39 AM
Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:24 AM
Rear axle isn't so simple thing. I borrowed AMT's AMT Matador rear axle and some plasticine to copy two rear axles. Other one is for Javelin. I pushed those rear axle halves to that plasticine and put that to freezer for 15 minutes. When I took it away from there, I took those axle halves away from plasticine and with bondo, I filled those axle molds. In the morning, I took that bondo away from that plasticine and then I took those copied rear axle halves away from the putty "sheet". Glued them together with Araldit and then some bondo and sanding, now it needs some more bondo and sanding...
Comments are welcome.
Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:46 PM
Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:06 AM
Wow, how bad they actually look in SuperMacro picture.
Now I'm going to European Championchip drag race here, Finland! In European Championchip standings, Top Fuel leader is Tommy Johnsson JR, but on the second place, Risto Poutiainen from FINLAND! And in Pro Stock, Sampsa Palos from Finland is the leader. He moved to Pro Stock just a little time ago, his first race with Pro Stock was last year Finals in Santa Pod, England.
Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:33 AM
Here's a couple pics of something similar I did when I was building my '49 Mercury...........I've come to hate tub interiors since they intro'd the platform style some years ago.
Keep the pics coming! As you can tell by my avatar............I LOVE AMX'S!
Edit: Whoops! Sorry if my reply seemed out of turn............I didn't see the little disclaimer at the top of the page, until I clicked on the "Add Reply" button and my comment was added! Gregg, you can delete this if you'd like............sorry!
Edited by MrObsessive, 29 June 2011 - 03:36 AM.
Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:42 PM
Niko, just a little tip to help you out--------------I would totally cut the side panels away in your interior and work with them that way. It'll make it much easier to do your scribing and painting. When you're done, you could then reattach them as before and it might save you a lot of swearing!
Yes, that would be a good idea. But I was just thinking that if I cut them to single pieces, can I glue them nicely to the interior floor anymore... Don't know, what I'll be doing with them, of course the interior is getting close to painting, so maybe I just let them be and just make the other side modifications too... But for the Javelin, I might cut those door panels off from the floor, because it needs lot more cutting and work...
Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:35 AM
Those door handles, I made from styrene on the last update, I built new ones. They are bit thinner than old ones, and lots of cleaner, they look bit bad on those super macro pictures, but live they are looking much better. I painted the center part of them brown to simulate wood, it needs to be cleared. Then I painted some black, but I didn't realize to use masking tape, so I must do a bit of cleanup before installing those parts.
Also painted the wheels. I painted some gloss black around the bolts of them. I removed paint off from those bolts, so they are chromed. Center knob is painted with clear blue from Revell, then I removed paint from that Gragar-text. Interior floor is now painted matt black and then I put some flocking there, as a carpet. Tomorrow I remove all unnecessary flocking, and then I can start painting the door panels. Pedals needs to be built also, I'm not going to use those from the kit. Also added some styrene to that subframe, it will be the basis of new inner fenders.
First picture shows those door handles on progress, on the lower picture they are how they look right now, needs to do a lot of cleaning etc...
Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:58 AM
Bit more putty to that chassis also, hope after sanding this, it'll be smooth....