#41 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

Just a little update. Worked with the door panels. I glued door handles on, and installed window cranks from '66 Olds 442's photoetch parts. Pictures aren't good, that interior looks really bad in these pictures, but it's better in live. I also started working on the pedals, but they are still WIP, so maybe tomorrow I can post picture of them. Thanks for looking, comments welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

Little update on this build too. I built set of pedals. Since there's manual transmission, I took two dashboards, and they both had only gas and brake pedal. I cut those pedal parts seperate, and built new rods from metal tube. I think, they look pretty good, and much better than those original parts. Next I'm moving on to dashboard, it still doesn't look right.

Posted Image

#43 mhertz1

mhertz1

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Full Name:michael

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

I am going to do the same kit, the front end is still unclear to me, i see what you cut out but what did you put in, also wondering about sox and martin boss cuda chassis, engine is great, chassis is not. same with 64 dodge, re-charge, what can i do witht he hoakey front end, an axle goes thru the oil pan, but the rest is nice, the engines and bodies are awesome on these kits, Headers too. any help woul d be appreciated

#44 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm planning to install the front suspension from AMT '67 Ford Mustang. It looks pretty close to AMX suspension. I haven't found those Front Axle parts anywhere, and I don't have money to buy a new kit right now. But that's what I'll be using. Inner Fenders will be built using again those Mustang parts as a Basis. I have those inner fenders, but haven't seen any front axles on my bench. :lol:

I'm building the Sox&Martin Cuda too. I filled holes from the engine, and I'm not going to use that Metal Axle anymore. New front axle will be taken from Revell's '71 Cuda, which I have some where.

It's true, engines and bodies are really nice in these kits. That's what keeps me going on these builds. Actually thanks for the Bump. Needs to get back on the AMX too.

If I didn't explain good enough, feel free to ask more questions, and I'll try to answer them. ;)

#45 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

I started to build this car a while back and ran into the same problem with the front suspension. Looking to see how you solve the problem.

#46 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Wow, my old WIP thread has reborn! :lol:

For the front suspension, I will use parts from AMT '67 Mustang, but since no one has offered me the front axle parts only, I guess I have to buy brand new kit for that. I think the biggest problem is making those front inner fenders. Okay, I do have those Mustang parts, but I have started to wonder if it would be easier to completely scratchbuild those inner fenders than using Mustang parts as a basis... Well let's see.

I can't wait to see your build, Eric. There can never be enough AMC Drag Cars! B)

#47 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Wow, my old WIP thread has reborn! :lol:

For the front suspension, I will use parts from AMT '67 Mustang, but since no one has offered me the front axle parts only, I guess I have to buy brand new kit for that. I think the biggest problem is making those front inner fenders. Okay, I do have those Mustang parts, but I have started to wonder if it would be easier to completely scratchbuild those inner fenders than using Mustang parts as a basis... Well let's see.

I can't wait to see your build, Eric. There can never be enough AMC Drag Cars! B)

When I did this kit I used the chassic from the 67 AMT Mustang kit and front enter fenders. Had to remove a section from the frame thats it to make it fit. Nice job by the way so far would love to get my hands on this kit thats for sure.

John Pol

#48 Jakezilla bowling

Jakezilla bowling

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Full Name:Jake bowling

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Looking good

#49 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Niko I revived the thread searching for idea's on how to fix the old school chassis. I had intentions of building mine in the typical R/W/B AMC color scheme as a Hurst S/S car. The front suspension stopped me dead in my tracks. I even looked for donor chassis's and ended up buying an old MPC Matador but never opening the kit as the project got shelved for other things.